1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Radiator fans: Great Static Pressure = Big Bucks?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Wrigleyvillain, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    From multiple crappy LED jobs from Microcenter back in the day when I didn't know any better to specific crazy colors and such for specific build themes I have spent hundreds of dollars on freaking fans in my lifetime. And yet I still need to buy more (as now, finally, I look for quality and low noise over physical characteristics).

So this time I definitely want to 'do it right', especially as it's for my radiator. So looking for those with good static pressure such as the Gentle Typhoons but would also love to not have to drop another $40+ on the ol' pile o spent fan money. Performance PCs pointed me towards the CM Excalibur which look interesting but are priced the same.

TL;DR: I'd love to find a fan with great static pressure for less than $20 but I'm not sure such exists. Bueller?
  2. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    I've used S-Flex's before and had great results.

Yate Loon Mediums seem to be an industry standard as well.
  3. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    It all depends on the type of fin array and density of the fins of your radiator. You may still get away with a decent fan as long as the radiator's fin design allows for maximum cooling with min. air pressure. The best fans out there for air pressure are still the Panaflo and Delta's. But you will sacrifice noise though.
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  4. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah looking for something a little better than Yates but Mediums on my radar.

Good point ECH, believe mine is designed for "medium to low". Perhaps I should just be looking for lower noise but still decent cfm at this point.

Yeah don't need anything too hardcore; just a CPU loop right now as well. Do need to swap them out though as they don't match exactly and one is particularly loud.
  5. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    look around on some forums its to bad you missed out on the deals here on TPU a guy had like 50+ Delta 120mm fans many of them 90cfm - 115cfm all 120x25mm might be able to get in touch with him still, i got 2x Delta 115cfm 3300rpm fans for $15 shipped. just use a fan controller and your set ;)
  6. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
  7. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Cool, thanks (rad is standard latest gen Swiffy MCR-220). Speaking of which why do I not see the Thanks button?

CER PM that dude for me please...
  8. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    ill see if i still have the info man ive honestly forgotten lol as its been so long but ill take a look ;)
  9. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    No problem thanks. At that price worth picking up a couple anyway; somehow missed that deal (I rely too much on "New Posts" and miss things occasionally).

Yeah I think 38mm too thick. Rad is top mounted on my CM 690 II and the fans live under the top mesh panel.
  10. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    I pmed you the guys info, seems he had 100+ ADDA 2500rpm fans and 100+ Delta 3300rpm fans for sale at different times on TPU, i would suggest sending him a PM see if hes got anything.