• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Raid control card vs on board raid?

drumsonly2002

Still Samsung SSd's need an external de frager because Trim will not work in a Raid set up note this Samsung reply

"Hello xxxxxxx ,
Thank you for your inquiry to Samsung Semiconductor.

Windows 7 Trim can not work properly on RAID configuration.
If you are using XP and Vista with non-RAID configuration, there will be an application for performance recovery. We are developing it but we do not know when it will be released.
If you have any further questions, please send us more question again or visit our Homepage(http://www.samsungsemi.com).

Sincerely,
Semiconductor Business
Samsung Electronics Co,.Ltd"

At least they are honest. I care less about Trim, going to manually take care of my HD's. I have no problem with do stuff my self to make the computer run better. Seems to me trim is for those who do not do their own tweeking or maintainence, and that is understandable.
My take on EVGA raid control, is it should be good enough. I do not imagine it takes that much CPU power to run Raid 0, correct? BTW thanks for all the responses.

Last edited:

Chris_Ramseyer

Phison Rep
The TRIM command isn't passed through any RAID controller right now that is on the open market. I do have a controller here that it will work with eventually but not tight now.

You are not getting the TRIM command on Intel, Samsung or Indilinx RAID right now either.

The cool thing about Samsung SSD is you get hardware garbage collection and have for quite a while now. It might be slow as hell but if you leave your system on all of the time it isn't that big of a deal.