1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Raid help needed! Urgent!

Discussion in 'Storage' started by kyle2020, Nov 21, 2009.

1. kyle2020 Guest

Right, heres my situation in brief. Im running my 640GB AAKS with windows 7 on it, and I had a spare 80GB WD caviar in my rig too. Now recently, I got a second 80GB caviar on the cheap, and I want to raid them together for storage. How?

1. Ive gone through the P5Q Pro's manual, followed the steps, everything seems to work fine until I boot into windows and only a single, 80GB harddrive is present under "My Computer"?

2. In short, I want to raid these 2 80GB's together without have to install an OS on it. Ive set the HDD type to RAID, however when I boot after creating the raid volume (its even displayed as intel raid 0 volume under harddisks) it just shows one solitary drive? :confused:

Can anyone help at all?

2. vaiopup New Member

Thanks Received:
    Didn't mirror them did you?

3. kyle2020 Guest

No it was set to raid 0 with 150 odd GB free space, this just shows up as a blank 75GB drive.

4. kyle2020 Guest

Ive just gone on HDTune and that sees both 80GB drives as seperate items. What have I done wrong?!

5. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Does it show as WD caviar in windows or some name the RAID controller gave it?

Also, how is this urgent?

6. kyle2020 Guest

Its urgent because im getting frustrated - edit the title if its causing that much grief.

And no, just says Local Disk.

7. kyle2020 Guest