• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rainbow Six: Siege

System Name Desktop
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk D4
Cooling Corsair XC7 Block / Corsair XG7 Block EK 360PE Radiator EK 120XE Radiator 5x EK Vadar Furious Fans
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio
Storage 1TB WD Black SN850 / 4TB Inland Premium / 8TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Alienware AW3821DW / ASUS TUF VG279QM
Case Lian-Li Dynamic 011 XL ROG
Audio Device(s) Razer Nommo Pro Speakers / Creative AE-9 w/ Beyerdynamic MMX 300
Power Supply EVGA P2 1200W Platinum
Mouse Razer Naga Pro
Keyboard Deathstalker Pro
I didn't see a post for this so I am adding one.

Open beta starts tomorrow unless you already were invited before. You can start playing today :D.

So far I am enjoying the gameplay. It has a good mix of Vegas gunplay and the planning of the older games. I have played all the other Rainbow Six games and the only one I really felt meh about was Lockdown.

I would consider giving it a try. You do need Uplay to access the game.

I had to reinstall Uplay, and download not "English" but "English UK" (much better anyway :laugh: ) to get it started. These Canadians... :cry:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Glad to see this! I'm interested in seeing how the single player pans out. Something alot of gaming publications were talking about beforehand was the complete lack of information being released beforehand on SP, which probably meant it would be nowhere as good as the two Vegas SP campaigns were.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Does the Open Beta have single player? or is it the same as the closed beta earlier?

Yep, there is LONEWOLF mode where you do not need people.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
It has a good mix of Vegas gunplay...
and this is why it will never be an iconic game in the R6 franchise.

Whether they have planning or not, is irrelevant since people online tend to ignore all strategy due to COD / BF syndrome. The two reasons it worked back in the original R6 days, was A) People did not yet have COD syndrome and B) The gameplay did not allow you to play like you had COD syndrome.
Remember how crouching would stop your movement, and result in you taking a slow squat? Or side step/strafe felt like molasses compared to Quake II.

Any game that allows CounterStrike/COD-esque gameplay, will never ever be an environment where strategy can thrive.

Ever.

It's worth watching on Youtube, to see how far the R6 games have come technically, but as a die hard fan of the originals, I see this as just another cash grab on what is a dead man's legacy now.

Last edited:
System Name Desktop
Cooling Corsair XC7 Block / Corsair XG7 Block EK 360PE Radiator EK 120XE Radiator 5x EK Vadar Furious Fans
Audio Device(s) Razer Nommo Pro Speakers / Creative AE-9 w/ Beyerdynamic MMX 300
Mouse Razer Naga Pro

This is gameplay footage from a November press event. From the closed beta to this open one they made several changes to the guns, inventory, mechanics to balance the game out.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-228106-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

^^^ Here is a rundown of some of the changes they made.

That new heartbeat sensor looks amazing. I have yet to try it out. This is the first game since the originals I think to have one. I don't recall seeing one in Vegas.

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Lightening PG
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE CPU cooler, 3x 140mm, 1x 120mm case fan
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Flare X5 DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000) F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070
Storage 2TB Sandisk SSD, 2TB P31 SK Hynix, 4TB WD SN850X, WD Black 6TB, WD Red Plus 12TB
Case Fractal Design Definse S
Power Supply Seasonic Focus 750
Mouse Logitech Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Silent w/red LED
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Pro
and this is why it will never be an iconic game in the R6 franchise.

Whether they have planning or not, is irrelevant since people online tend to ignore all strategy due to COD / BF syndrome. The two reasons it worked back in the original R6 days, was A) People did not yet have COD syndrome and B) The gameplay did not allow you to play like you had COD syndrome.
Remember how crouching would stop your movement, and result in you taking a slow squat? Or side step/strafe felt like molasses compared to Quake II.

Any game that allows CounterStrike/COD-esque gameplay, will never ever be an environment where strategy can thrive.

Ever.

It's worth watching on Youtube, to see how far the R6 games have come technically, but as a die hard fan of the originals, I see this as just another cash grab on what is a dead man's legacy now.

The main problems are the following:

- Focus on PvP multiplayer which never works for tactical shooters. This is largely because the objective types are limited and the enemy team always knows other people are coming to get them.

- No squad commanding / SP.

- Lots of unlocks which prevent realistic or tactical squad loadouts.

- Lack of real missions for a proper co-op experience.

- Poor weapon mechanics and lots of gadgets that work nothing like their real world counterparts. The game relies too much of flashy gimmicks with zero emphasis on tactics like proper room clearing or coordinated breaching.

- Silly cartoon like characters to make classes distinguishable. Multi-national super-hero and feminist task force is what is PC these days. Remember how the original R6 games had females but actually looked realistic? Now they have their face covered with a balaclava, but hair sticking out covering their eyes so have zero situational awareness... because we have to ensure women characters standout like a sore thumb. Bring uniforms from your native country folks even though you're in Rainbow 6. :p

- Improper damage / reaction system. Instead there is red jelly, regenerating health and magical reviving. Getting shot in the leg should make players limp. AI needs proper reaction to impacts to.

- Dumb zombie like AI. I'm replaying SWAT 4 again, and while dated and not 100% perfect, the NPCs can do some life like things. Get someone to surrender? Keep your weapon on him until he is restrained or else the suspect may get up and flee. Had that happen a few times. Luckily my AI squad members put some rounds into them before they grabbed unsecured weapons.

And really, a whole lot more. It just isn't a tactical shooter, and going from the beta, it isn't even a good action shooter. Siege just feels like CS: GO which a bigger budget and even more unlocks. The fact that it is unlocked based yet commands a full price tag is not something that attracts me. Especially considering they charge more to unlock some content. With no SP, tiny maps, repetitive and shallow game play this just isn't the game for me. It is chasing after a younger (10-13) demographic much like CS did back in the day. The theme isn't even respectable. At least BF3/4 have remained adult themed for the most part. Siege is already showing off shark skin weapons and other visual garbage, which tells me they're going for a juvenile audience.

If I could get the game for free or a dirt cheap price maybe I'd give it a go but I doubt I could ever get into it. But $60? Just seems like there is too little content for me.

System Name Desktop
Mouse Razer Naga Pro
Here's a run of the in-game benchmark, takes about 4 minutes or so to run. This is at 1440p with everything turned up to highest.... averaging about 40FPS.... might need to turn some of this down lol. I will try to get some more screens for you guys. So far I have failed Terrorist Hunt twice..... even on normal. The terrorist AI is pretty good. They will breach walls and defenses of their own to come to you. If they spot you, they will start shooting through the drywall at you. They use grenades and all as well. The terrorists each have a unique class to them as well. The little RC car for recon is nice. I like how it marks the general area when something was tagged but once destroyed or if they move, that intel could be worthless.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
The problem is it's a tactical shooter that's played by 90% CoD/Battlefield players.

So the tactical part goes straight out the window and every match turns into a run-and-gun fest. Played during closed testing phases and was definitely not a fan. It's odd when a playerbase ruins the point of its own game.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
The main problems are the following:

- Focus on PvP multiplayer which never works for tactical shooters. This is largely because the objective types are limited and the enemy team always knows other people are coming to get them.

- No squad commanding / SP.

- Lots of unlocks which prevent realistic or tactical squad loadouts.

- Lack of real missions for a proper co-op experience.

- Poor weapon mechanics and lots of gadgets that work nothing like their real world counterparts. The game relies too much of flashy gimmicks with zero emphasis on tactics like proper room clearing or coordinated breaching.

- Silly cartoon like characters to make classes distinguishable. Multi-national super-hero and feminist task force is what is PC these days. Remember how the original R6 games had females but actually looked realistic? Now they have their face covered with a balaclava, but hair sticking out covering their eyes so have zero situational awareness... because we have to ensure women characters standout like a sore thumb. Bring uniforms from your native country folks even though you're in Rainbow 6. :p

- Improper damage / reaction system. Instead there is red jelly, regenerating health and magical reviving. Getting shot in the leg should make players limp. AI needs proper reaction to impacts to.

- Dumb zombie like AI. I'm replaying SWAT 4 again, and while dated and not 100% perfect, the NPCs can do some life like things. Get someone to surrender? Keep your weapon on him until he is restrained or else the suspect may get up and flee. Had that happen a few times. Luckily my AI squad members put some rounds into them before they grabbed unsecured weapons.

And really, a whole lot more. It just isn't a tactical shooter, and going from the beta, it isn't even a good action shooter. Siege just feels like CS: GO which a bigger budget and even more unlocks. The fact that it is unlocked based yet commands a full price tag is not something that attracts me. Especially considering they charge more to unlock some content. With no SP, tiny maps, repetitive and shallow game play this just isn't the game for me. It is chasing after a younger (10-13) demographic much like CS did back in the day. The theme isn't even respectable. At least BF3/4 have remained adult themed for the most part. Siege is already showing off shark skin weapons and other visual garbage, which tells me they're going for a juvenile audience.

If I could get the game for free or a dirt cheap price maybe I'd give it a go but I doubt I could ever get into it. But $60? Just seems like there is too little content for me.

Yes, that pretty much wraps up CS/COD gameplay :)

The comments about gadgets that act nothing like their real world counterparts and unlocks creating unrealistic tactical loadouts... so true. I wonder if game developers have actually ever held a gun, or worn a pack of gear while trying to move. I challenge one of them to stand in their office and strafe back and forth like Duke Nukem before tripping over themselves. They'll probably smack their head on the desk and wake up on being able to only speak French. Management will ship them off to UbiSoft Montreal to work on the next Need for Speed.

The problem is it's a tactical shooter that's played by 90% CoD/Battlefield players.

So the tactical part goes straight out the window and every match turns into a run-and-gun fest. Played during closed testing phases and was definitely not a fan. It's odd when a playerbase ruins the point of its own game.
It certainly doesn't help, though I do not think the game play is really allowing for a proper tactical experience either. It's just not a good formula.

Many many games only excel when played in well familiarized teams and on comms. Always said BF would be great without respawns :)
So yes, like all of you say, the danger is if it is not "played as it should be played."

Ah, and this Siege game requieres to read the manual, yes a manual, oh mamma! :)

System Name Desktop
Mouse Razer Naga Pro
Ya know @newconroer I think a game like ARMA or America's Army might be more your style and pacing then.

I hate to say it but the true tactical shooter days of Rouge Spear and Raven Shield are done. Some of those aspects will carry over to newer games but to have that style of shooter replicated in today's game just won't have the draw that it used to.

As noted from the bit of gameplay I have attempted, the planning stages are reminiscent of the older games except now it is done in real time with dynamic conditions. No longer do you look at a 2D map, set your waypoints and then watch the simulation evolve before you. I mean it was very appealing to have all of that back in the day but the audience they are catering to now I feel wants more interactivity and the tension created when doing things on the fly aids in that immersion value.

You still have to properly clear rooms and execute teamwork. If you think it is all run and gun CoD style you are surely mistaken. There is still tactics and strategy involved. To say otherwise is pure ignorance in my opinion.

Still... there are plenty of law enforcement or similar workers in the world that would love a more realistic simulator of what they do... Fak, we have a boring Car Mechanic Simulator and Goat Simulator, lol...

I played Lonewolf during lunch and had EPIC moments, fighting enemies and the Zwiebelsuppe :p

Last edited:
System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
Does the Open Beta have single player? or is it the same as the closed beta earlier?

siege has no single player mode. looks like this started with a story aspect which has since be removed for reasons?

you can play alone vs ai in a hunt/defuse miss mash mode which makes 0 sense on half the maps....

the game suits the rusher style of play, pushing out when defending is the best way to not get nade spam when closed in.

other games which have tried to do this "siege" gameplay have ran into the same issues.

but then again when you have the level of destruction they have it is easy to understand why they are so small.

during all the testing i have found myself in maybe half a dozen (?) good teams which worked together and then it was great but most of the games have been like your exp too :/

Last edited:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Yes, that pretty much wraps up CS/COD gameplay :)

The comments about gadgets that act nothing like their real world counterparts and unlocks creating unrealistic tactical loadouts... so true. I wonder if game developers have actually ever held a gun, or worn a pack of gear while trying to move. I challenge one of them to stand in their office and strafe back and forth like Duke Nukem before tripping over themselves. They'll probably smack their head on the desk and wake up on being able to only speak French. Management will ship them off to UbiSoft Montreal to work on the next Need for Speed.

It certainly doesn't help, though I do not think the game play is really allowing for a proper tactical experience either. It's just not a good formula.

So true, i know UBI Montreal know how to make a game for us, they did it a few times. How ever the reason this is open beta is to find the highest percentage of people want nothing more nothing less.

Sadly we get left behind, i tried it just to see but it was a epic fail to me everyone just running around like crazed chickens even on the hardest difficulty.

Funny Part is i find Far Cry becoming more of what RvS and Ghost Recon than any other game they release been seeing it since FC2.

Processor 7800X3D
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE CPU cooler, 3x 140mm, 1x 120mm case fan
Storage 2TB Sandisk SSD, 2TB P31 SK Hynix, 4TB WD SN850X, WD Black 6TB, WD Red Plus 12TB
Mouse Logitech Pro
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Pro
Still... there are plenty of law enforcement or similar workers in the world that would love a more realistic simulator of what they do... Fak, we have a boring Car Mechanic Simulator and Goat Simulator, lol...

I played Lonewolf during lunch and had EPIC moments, fighting enemies and the Zwiebelsuppe :p

I also find this odd. I have no problem with trucking or farming, but to see developers are actively making those but not a single tactical shooter (aside from GB and ArmA) in the past decade? I'd imagine an R6 sequel would sell more than those.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Right so me and my few mates have been playing this and we tend to be tactical so to us its a tactical shooter ,the fact that others behave like they are playing cod is unimportant because human terrorists would also be a random bunch wouldn't they.
Codders just play into tactical hands imho

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
No point in playing tactical if ya can just run around blasting shit lol.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
No point in playing tactical if ya can just run around blasting shit lol.

Probably what's worse is that in your head you want to play tactical, however everyone else runs past you doing stupid things and then you're caught in that awkward moment where you have to decide to do like everyone else, otherwise you'll be left behind and bored(or lose) - or, do your own thing and just play it how you want to play it.
Sadly, aspirations and grandeur visions of tactical warfare[inspired by long romantic walks on the beach with Tom Clancy] as they are in your head, come to an abrupt halt when somebody runs backwards and chucks a knife over three buildings, that hits you on the side of the helmet and manages to instantly kill you. Thus, doing your own thing only works in these games if 'doing your own thing' means letting your team mates be cannon fodder while you sneak around the side of maps and camp spawn, till you run up the score and get the air strike ability and start raining down combo kills on the other team(while still camping them).

At the end of the match, you are the high scorer, earning a ton of 'experience' to add to your rank, allowing you to unlock all manner of unrealistic features and attachments to your weapons - none of which any self respecting, God fearing or survival oriented special operations soldier would ever use.
And with those ranks, you get physics defying perks, such as the ability to bleed slower, or reinforce your sternum and nut sack, to stop the effectiveness of hollow point bullets.

PlanetSide 2 is a great example of what happens when you allow narcissism(a.k.a. score keeping and ranks) and arcade game play run amok. All tactical options go out the window and it's everyone for themselves-get the highest score.

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
Been there with RvS they just get pissy and just leave, as i said it either is or it's not. Sure a great time you can have with friends who want to play that way but not everyone does and were surly out numbered.

This is why Arma is pretty much the same game as it was back then, although that did change to as OFP was a notch higher. I just hope they finally get CQB finally sorted in arma which is some thing the games lacked doing right.

Did not mind as much then with having Ghost Recon RvS and even SWAT with it's terrible loading times, now i am the need of such game and no America's Army is not my thing hate the game engine to begin with and lacks every thing Arma does so well.

For the time i did try this beta it seemed that everyone know full well were the bad guys were and every thing.

Processor 7800X3D
Mouse Logitech Pro
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Win 10 Pro
At the end of the match, you are the high scorer, earning a ton of 'experience' to add to your rank, allowing you to unlock all manner of unrealistic features and attachments to your weapons - none of which any self respecting, God fearing or survival oriented special operations soldier would ever use.

Wait, you're telling me you don't want $35 air soft sights bought at Walmart in your games?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/t_c84lhCWgQ/maxresdefault.jpg

When I played the Hardline beta my favorite thing about it was the Aimpoint.

Coming back to Siege, why is there another beta and when does it end? Is it worth downloading again? I assume it will more or less be the same. As I mentioned before my biggest problem with the game is the very heavy unlock based nature of the game. Especially when abilities are locked. I simply don't have fun unlocking things. I prefer playing the games.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
Having given the beta a whirl I'd sadly consider this game not worth a purchase.

They had the potential to make a tactical game that required strategy and planning to be effective (something that's missing lately). But instead it's nothing more than a run and gun esque game with gadgets that aren't even interesting. Most of the gadgets already exist in other games. The worst part of the gameplay is that the gunplay doesn't feel right, weapons are difficult to aim down the sights and wildly innacurate from the hip. With kills feeling more like luck and having the better connection than anything resembling skill.

The obvious gripe of uplay still exists as well. Even on consoles you're required to install the uplay app and create an account. It kind of makes sense on PC, but when I'm also required to do so on Xbox its just asinine.

Last edited:
it misses the sneaky slow gameplay, and the gagdets are detrimental, like in any game, like BF, i favour a basic sortiment open to all to adapt to mission and style of everyone. Then add a basic movement detection and intel sharing system.

No respawn adds a bit of seriousness though. And I have seen teams (same gamer clantag) that resolve the matches in maybe 20 seconds, with no choice for the each playing on his own guys, but although admirable, it makes it even less fun to play 30 secs, and wait lets guess 3 minuts to wait for all the end match and start match screens to pass...

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Coming back to Siege, why is there another beta and when does it end? Is it worth downloading again? I assume it will more or less be the same. As I mentioned before my biggest problem with the game is the very heavy unlock based nature of the game. Especially when abilities are locked. I simply don't have fun unlocking things. I prefer playing the games.

This is something I always used to harp on about, when games like CounterStrike and COD rose to fame. In Rainbow Six they gave you a selection of equipment and expected you to choose what was best for the job. You want a shotgun? Sure go for it. You'll get everyone killed instantly, but hey, you're Domingo DING Chavez!
The choice was yours. No ranks, no experience(the experience was gained in your head, not in the game), no perks, no unlocks. If you chose the wrong equipment, it may cost you the game. You learned, you adapted and you improved.

All the while you were playing the game, actually playing IT, instead of playing some score card so you could make your character better (despite you not necessarily becoming a better player) and reap the benefits.

Ok now all this talk of R6, who wants to play some Eagle Watch? PM me and I'll host.