1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ram Dead??

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by csallis, May 16, 2007.

1. csallis New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a DS3 board and today the system went into sleep mode and wouldnt come out so I powered the system off (using the power button) and turned on, all I got was short beeps, which according to the manual was the a power issue, so I quickly ran out and bought a Hiper Hyper R Modular PSU but the system carried on beeping and wouldnt boot though a couple of times I did get a long tone which is supposed to be a ram issue.

I tested each of my 2 sticks on their own in all 4 sockets and got the same result, so the ram is now on its way back to crucial as they are sending replacements.

Does this sound like a ram issue? or is there something else I have missed that I am going to find when the new ram turns up?

Oh I have also tested another graphics card just to rule that out also.

2. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You should of have tested to run the computer with no RAM and check if the beeps were the same.
    If they were it would of have been the RAM.

If not, it may have been something else.

3. csallis New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just powered up the system with no ram and get the same short beeps. Its odd though, slot 1 and 2 give off these short beeps but a stick in 3 or 4 gives off a long beep.

But I have read that with the intel qst on it needs a ram stick in slot 1 or 2 or it will error and I did clear the cmos so this will be enabled again which might explain the different beep in slot 3 and 4