1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RAM test

Discussion in 'General Software' started by WojtasRed, May 19, 2012.

1. WojtasRed

WojtasRed

Thanks Received:
    Is there any memory test application that works without system booting (like memtest do).
  2. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:
    if there is i dont think it would work very well since windows would be using a bit of it.
    95Viper says thanks.
  3. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    I am assuming you mean runs under/in windows...

Free & old... may or may not work with your hardware> RightMark Memory Analyzer v3.8 Info: RMMA 3.8

Never liked this one > HCi Design MemTest

Free 30 day evaluation, then US $24.00 to purchase > PassMark PerformanceTest ™

This one works, I have tried and do use. I got mine for free, don't think I would pay $49.99 USD for it, but that is your choice > CheckIt Diagnostics
    Here is a trial you can try: CheckIt Diagnostics Trial
    Link to Tiger Direct @ Amazon deal $40.00 USD off, for a total of $9.99 and free shipping

There is not many out there, that run under/in the windows, and most will only check the available memory.
    So, if you plan on buying one... try the trials first and see how you like it/them.

Best way to test is with a tester (this usually cost BIG bucks), second is with boot-able software and last is under/in the windows environment.
    Last edited: May 21, 2012