1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Random disconnects all the time?

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Valenciente, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Valenciente

Valenciente

Thanks Received:
    Hi there.

Friend of mine who I play a lot of online games with, has a ton of disconnection problems no matter which game we play. When his brother plays with us (they are on the same network), they both get disconnected at the same time. So I'm thinking it's not related to either of their computers.

They bought a new router when the problems started happening, but that didn't solve the problem.
    Tried different brand new cables from the modem to the router, nothing.
    Tried hooking one of the PC's directly into the ISP modem, and he didn't get any DC's during that time.

Suggested calling their ISP, but not really sure that's going to solve the problem if they get no DC's when connected directly to the modem.

This is the system information log from his router, every time he gets disconnected:
    Any ideas? I'm usually pretty good at fixing stuff, combined with Google giving good answers. But haven't been able to fix this so far. Being in a different country doesn't really give me the opportunity to go help myself, but any help would be appreciated.

The router is a D-Link DIR-645.

Thank you kindly.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    the D-Link is the issue i can almost guarantee it I have never seen one not fail. which may not mean alot to you except that I have seen somewhare around 15 units shit the bed.

3. Valenciente

Valenciente

Thanks Received:
    They previously had a D-Link, and when they started having problems their bought another D-Link. Same problem though, so you might be on to something.
    I'll convey the message at least, see if they have the possibility to try out another. The current D-Link is literally brand new however.

Though it's still so new that it might still be able to be traded in for a different product.

4. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    If they live nearby, lend them your router for a spell and see what happens. Or any router you know is working.

5. Valenciente

Valenciente

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately I live about 2500 km away from them currently.

6. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    Got any port forwards configured?

Also have you tried different DHCP/DNS settings? I think something could be up with the DNS/DHCP of the D-Link.

Are you also running the most current firmware?