1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

random disconnects

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by DR.Death, Jul 10, 2008.

1. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok this is starting to annoy me to the point that i am about to smash something any way i will be on messenger and browsing the web then all the sudden my net has a hicup not enough to disconnect it just enough to stop every ting from working my web page wont load and msn sins me out and i can sign right back in 2 seconds later with out reconnecting and its only happening sense about 2 days ago and i have not changed any thing in there that i am aware of well happy diagnosing
    o and i know is the computer because at the moment i am on my dads laptop and it has yet to do any thing like that

2. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried looking for updated NIC drivers? Not sure which OS your running. I also have you tried an IP release/renew? Another option, I do this at home, is pickup a program called Winsockfix and it will rebuild your TCP/IP stack. It's mostly used for very bad infected machines but can work wonders for other PC network issues. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4372.html

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    i am running vista and i just reset the box and so far so good knock on wood but i am going to update my drivers and such any way

4. mrhuggles

mrhuggles

Thanks Received:
    any chance it could be a bad router / modem+router

5. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    well atm its still working i switched my port and i reset the box and so far its good