1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

random lockup

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tigger, Jul 19, 2013.

1. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    My pc is suffering from a random lockup, it will just freeze on windows and i have to restart. here is what i think is causing the problem, but how do i work out what it is?

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_SMSC&PROD_223_U_HS-CF&REV_3.60#000223223223&0#.

Looking at the event log, it seems the error happens a lot but does not always cause my system to freeze, the last one was at 14:06 and I had to reboot, but there is a lot more that had not caused me to have to reboot.

[​IMG]

This is what microsoft says on the error, but how do I find which driver is causing it?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3164.event-id-219-windows-kernel-pnp.aspx

It only causes a reboot every now and then but is annoying, 99% of the time my pc is perfectly ok.

thanks.

2. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:
    Update drivers would be my guess. Sometimes if a piece of hardware is failing you could get the same symptoms.

3. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    Have you installed all Windows Updates including some optional ones...?

4. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Yes I have installed all updates.

And I figured it's a driver, but which one? device manager shows nothing.