1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RANT: I hate buisness majors

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Atnevon, May 8, 2008.

1. Atnevon

Atnevon

Thanks Received:
    Ok. These people have to be going into the trade of backstabbing and bullshit. Right now, I work in a computer lab. I'm trying to educate myself of the front side bus, while they make up bullshit facts to try and sell something.

Is that the business world? People who waste 4-6 years of college just to become a kiniving peace of shit who does nothing but make lies and bullshit, or slaves away so someone else can just to make a paycheck.

Now that I think, the only reason they are business majors is because either:

a: You have no talent in life, and require a field that requires none. This way, you can disguise your lack of use in life by surrounding yourself with the same bred morons.

b: Mommy and Daddy (more like Daddy, because more men make more money. Different argument, run with it) run their million dollar business, and instead of passing it on to a competent person who might actually know what the fuck they are doing, they send ol' little miss or junior off to school for a 4 year vacation and oxygen wasting. Where else do these H2s and M3s come from on campus? The Art Department? Didn't think so.

Now that I got that out of the way, little piece of shits like that have another key trait. Frats. Thats right, a club where douche bags and assholes alike can join in, talk about bullshit, and have a merry time wasting resources that better human beings could use. "But Wait, some Frats are good". Your right if you think this. There are some good fraternities out there. But for the other 85%, you can go fuck yourselves off a cliff. (don't think you got easy sorority either) Now sorority bitches they are just easy-street bitches that feed off the money whored frat. You think they would be easy, but only if you have a stupid shirt with letters only fuck-club friends like yours can read. Overall in sororaty or frat, if you can't be original or daring on your own, just leech off the club members until you can.

So why do I hate business majors so much? Mainly for the fact they are the perfect representation of everything that is wrong with America. You think you know it, but you don't know jack shit. There are a great deal of friends across the Atlantic in the UK. I sure hope you don't have to deal with this shit.

Instead of original TV shows, you glue to what the media tells you is good. American Idol sucks, and the only reason you like it is because you are told to like it. You buy an SUV because..."Oh my God, I have 2 kids. I could never drive a station wagon (or Estate I believe as you call them over there. Correct me if I'm wrong, I like to learn more) or a minivan because it makes me uncool. I have to have an SUV because there safer and cooler, and nothing beats 12mpg godliness". People like that deserve to be shot. In fact, I wish it were a law to not have safety labels anymore, that way the problem could take care of itself.

Well, thats about all the steam I have right now. Sorry if you fall into this category. I hope not, because forum like this has way to many intelligent fields that require talent and decency. I had to get this out.

magibeg and DaedalusHelios say thanks.
  2. Snake05

Snake05 New Member

Thanks Received:
    All business majors are geniuses. If I was smart enough that's what I'd major in.

Also, I drive an SUV...

I find American Idol Entertaining, mainly because I love watching people getting their dreams crushed on live tv...

DaedalusHelios says thanks.
  3. MadCow New Member

Thanks Received:
    Me and most of my friends are going into business, why? Because once you graduate from a good university you're pretty much guaranteed a good job. It's an almost sure way to have a good financial future.

And what the hell makes you think everybody going into business is a dishonest idiot who will do anything for money? You're generalizing way too much. I could say that you're a fat, ugly loser with no social life because you're studying computers. I'm guessing that's not true, but it is the stereotype.

You think that you need zero talent to get into business? If you want to go anywhere you'll need talent, like any other field. How do you think people built big companies from the ground up with no support? You think that they all had rich parents willing to invest?

Your arguments are all based on stereotypes, and very bad ones too. Maybe it's completely different here in Canada, but I really doubt it.

4. Snake05

Snake05 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Would get my hopes up. But then again, there is always a new McDonalds opening up and I'm sure that degree can bump you to manager pretty quick.

Of course not, you have to be able to fill out the application...
    TBH, most of the really successful businesses were started from the ground up from people without a degree, but its a big shot in the dark.

I'd bet it probably is slightly different in Canada, here in the states you go into business mainly to have enough spare time to make it to all of your fraternity/sorority parties...

5. MadCow New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not here in Canada. Business majors are taken pretty seriously here. I'm talking about seriously smart nerds with no life. You don't have to take many courses, but the ones you do take are freaking hard if you go to a good university.

The best business-oriented campus is here in toronto. I think somewhere around 90% of graduates find a job paying at least $60,000 a year within a year of graduating. Of course, you do need at least a 91% average in grade 12 just to be considered.

6. Snake05

Snake05 New Member

Thanks Received:
    K, then we are talking about two different worlds here then. Think of the polar opposite of what you have described, and then you have a US business major.

7. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I like it.

But I am a asshole, in general, and in real life. I didn't need to get a degree for that, just the realization that there are those who are bosses and those who can be bossed.

So the adage remains, those that can do and those that can't whine.

Ask yourself if you have the right to happiness, then if they do also. Ask yourself if you want to end up working the rest of your life as a shit shoveler or as the man holding the whip? Ask yourself if you had the money what you would do with it, fuck girls, drink, party and drive a nicer car or watch it?

You feel bitter that you are not in on some of that action, but you cannot bring yourself to take those steps as you have placed a negative stereotype on those people.

10 Million points folded for TPU
  8. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like a yuppie.:shadedshu

Yuppies get shot where I live. I am not joking. And sadly, they are not being shot by me, despite I am always carrying a gun.:laugh:

I enjoy not becoming a whore, and I don't fuck whoever I think is attractive. Thats why I have only had GF's that are intelligent, attractive, honest, and do not backstab. All of my relationships have been 4+ years. I wonder why..... its because I am true to myself and tolerate no bullshit. I care about fairness and equality. I always have friends asking for relationship advice, but its all about compromising. I do not spread bullshit either.

I may be Athiest, but throughout my many efforts to immerse myself in various religions, I have learned something important from the Jewish teachings, "Your body is a temple, do not poison it, or treat it with disrespect". Also have a little dignity in your love life. The things you do to your body now that weakens it, will come back to you and fail when you are old.

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  9. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Really we can break this down by this.

Would you rather do this......
    [​IMG]

Or

[​IMG]

Would you rather drink this.

[​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]

Would you rather drive this.

[​IMG]

or this.

[​IMG]

10. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    You are correct :)

and Yes i do believe that some people are just born c u next tuesday's but that's life. Sometimes you get shat on.

11. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Not I.

But they better watch out, a 9mm himag hits before you hear the sound.

12. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Pic - 2, prob has less sexually transmitted infections
    Drink - Neither, cider ftw!
    Car - Economical - costs less to run

13. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    and more efficient!

Less emissions means less retarded business majors. :laugh: J/K

PS. Pollution causes birth defects and lead in the water actually lowers intelligence and also causes mild brain damage.

I gotta go guys, fun chatting with ya. ;)

14. Nemesis881 New Member

Thanks Received:
    haha this guy just figured out why the economy is bad :respect:

15. Atnevon

Atnevon

Thanks Received:
    ok. now that my work in the labs is over. I guess I have cooled a bit more.

Yes, this is the American business student. Jesus, I'll just say America fucks itself over in many ways.

Cool, I was right about the estate. So a Saloon is what we call sedans right? Just out of curiosity, how did it come that way?

Yea, I agree with alot some of you said from the start. However, I think stereotypes in my country are growing to a point where you are one and recognized by it, or you have an "out-pf-place" personality. I mean, my whole culture is so commodity based, it sickens me.

I guess being shit on in school has really turned me into a foul person over this short 2-3 years. I wish I could go back to Starcraft, Vice City, and the good ol' nights of Grand Turismo III endurance races. Ah the days.

Sorry if I pissed anyone personally in here.

Charlotte bank town + high dollar + my school = Just a 20K student community college.

Now, if I could only reverse time, become Emperor of All, and share the secret of optical front side busses the to world, our compy lives would be that much sweeter.

16. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Only at super long distance and you will not be shooting a pistol and hitting something a kilometer away.:laugh:

I know you aren't a skilled marksman/business major. :roll:

17. Dangle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Entrepreneurship is not something you can learn in school. Being able to start a successful company from the ground up takes tremendous leadership, persistence, a great idea, and most importantly, balls. It's particularly difficult when governed by morals and ethics.

If you have to go to school to learn how to be an entrepreneur, you will not be successful. On the other hand, if you want to get some shitty corporate management position, like most business students, you do need school... because you have no balls.

18. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:

You are hilarious.:laugh:

I kind of agree with you.:D

19. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I shoot most guns as well or better than many. The exception being a police issue glock, a friend (female officer) shoots it better than I do.

But 30.06, 7mm, .270, bb, pellet, 9mm among many others are what I like. At 600 yards I can shoot a 2" pattern with non match grade bullets. That is the length of the range unfortunately, but we have a customer with a larger open field that he uses.

20. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Haha, this is quite the entertaining thread. Actually I know i can't generalize but I'm currently a 3rd year computer programmer analyst. As an analyst I've been subjected to a number of business courses. A lot of these courses involve work in 'buzz groups'. Maybe it was just the luck of the draw but i swear all of the business students are completely retarded when it comes to actual usefulness. It was actually the CPA's (computer programming analysts) which were scoring the highest in the business courses. Especially on any course that is particularly math related. As i said this is just a small sampling and such, maybe i was just stuck with the 6 dumbest business students in the class.

As a redeeming quality however they seem to have more charisma than your average CPA on the whole which would probably help them out. Though in terms of actually RUNNING a business as opposed to SELLING the business it seemed CPA's had the advantage.

21. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    2 inch pattern from 600 yards with a handgun and no aim assist....... yeah you are not bullshitting..... :rolleyes:

You must be one of the best in the world..... or you are bullshit. :shadedshu

22. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Not handgun, rifle.

Handguns I do OK,

23. Atnevon

Atnevon

Thanks Received:
    Holy crap. Talk about a thread hijack. Went from bashing people to shooting them.

I Heart Internets. My collection grows.

24. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    At my school the business graduate students take Calculus as a graduate level course. It was a freshmen undergraduate course for me. lol.

25. Snake05

Snake05 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You poor...poor....thing.:respect: