1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Carcharias mic has a high pitch sound?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by V1nom, Mar 21, 2013.

1. V1nom New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello I just got my Razer Carcharias headset today. Plugged it up and went online to talk to my friends and they said they hear like a high pitch type sound in the background, and my old headset never did this. I tried turning off the mic boost and lowering the mic volume but still ha that high pitch sound. Has this happened to someone before or knows what I'm talking about? Please help me
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Check your connections (dust, etc.) but most likely it is a bad connection in the headset somewhere. Get it replaced.
  3. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    It could be noise from electronic interference, although you would think it would also be present in your headphones. Try plugging into your motherboard jacks instead of your front I/O panel and see if it is any better.
  4. V1nom New Member

Thanks Received:
    When I plug them into the back into my motherboard, like the mic doesn't work at all.
  5. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    Try it on another system.
  6. V1nom New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea tired in 3 other systems still have thing. And I noticed it has a static type sound in the audio, like the headset itself. I'll have no music or game on and hear this static type sound and did it on all 4 computers as well.
  7. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    You may need to return it then. :(