1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer diamondback3g OR lachesis

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jeno, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Jeno Guest

what kind of trouble?
  2. Jeno Guest

how much for postage?
  3. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    The Razer 3G is 1800 DPI unless they did others like it.
  4. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    Iunno I just want money so I can get a new copperhead and not a lachesis anymore, the lachesis is good....but im used to the copperhead....i dont know how much postage is
  5. Jeno Guest

if its $50 +postage then i may as well just get a new one.
    and seeing as no one has anything good to say about lachesis, and iv'e never tried one before i think ill get a deathadder or diamondback
  6. FatForester New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like my Diamondback 3G, but it's definitely a fingertip grip. Only reason I got it was because it was too good to pass up on woot for 25 bucks. It's really responsive and it is incredibly sensitive. If you prefer palm resting mice, I'd stay away from it though. The left side buttons are placed to where you basically have to keep your palm and fingertips up.
  7. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    only good thing about the lachesis....4000dpi thats honestly about it
  8. Damian^

Damian^ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I really like my deathadder, the lachesis just seems like a ripoff of the deathadder, but with more DPI and i dont know about you guys but seems like it would feel uncomfortable even for people with large hands.
  9. Jmatt110

Jmatt110 New Member

Thanks Received:
    That was my bad, I thought the 3rd Generation laser was 3200dpi, not 4000. This also led me to say the Diamondback 3g was 3200dpi (due to my mix up with the generations as stated and the name, 3g). And theres no need to post accusingly, a simple explanation of my errors would have sufficed. And where did I state the G9 & Lachesis did not have 3200 and 4000dpi lasers respectively?

Using a much higher dpi mouse does take a little getting used to, so any of the mice linked so far will be much much better than your Microsoft one. Do you use your mouse with your entire hand or just your fingertips?
  10. Jeno Guest

my whole hand... i want one that has the palm of my hand comfortably resting on it without my fingertips reaching over the front and touching the desk, i figered that the shape of the lachesis was just perfect for that
  11. Sc1mitar New Member

Thanks Received:
    G9 Ftw

I have big hands, so...
    After owning a Razer Lachesis, Deathadder, copperhead, a logitech MX518(very good but kinda outdated), and a microsoft Sidewinder, i find the logitech G9 to be the best, with some caveats.
    why?
    a.) razers reliability and software is absolute shit. both my lachesis and deathadder died, after RMA the 2nd deathadder died again, so fck razer. however you may be more lucky, i hated the lachesis but the deathadder was rl nice in ergo's n speed. copperhead was ok.

b.) microsoft sidewinder blows, its uncomfortable and bulky and slow. nuff said.

c.) MX518 was a rl good mouse, rl comfortable but not twitchy enough, and now its
    outdated.

now the G9 has flaws which require some work to fix but after that=fckin pwnage.
    i know this sounds crazy but hear me out.

CONS:
    a.)The exchangeable grip tends to get loose rather quickly, which means you need to take electrical tape and put little strips onto the backside/ right hand side/ front of the mouse(under where the grip sits) to tighten it up. add 2 inch strips till it sits solidly, trim off any excess(this includes cutting around the weight slot if your gonna use it, if not jus tape over it).
    yeah i know it sounds fcked but it works rl good and the weight diff is negligible.(2-3 grams) also you cant tell b/c its under the grip and doesnt change the feel.

b.) alot of times when using the small grip, youll make a quick movement and grip the mouse tight, which causes the side of the small grip to flex and hit the side buttons, which in my case switches weapons and causes a major pain in the ass. This is caused by the exchangeable grip system and is very easy to fix, if you arent scared to do it/arent a absolute n00b w/ tools. you need to take off the small grip, get a metal file and CAREFULLY file down the side buttons on the inside of the grip, because they are way more than enough too big from stock. you need to take off like a 16th-1/8th of a inch b4 it stops hitting from side-flex. the big back button is the worst but the front one needs some filing too. The large grip does NOT have this problem, but its not as pro as the small one.

c.)it costs like 90 bucks? and it takes like a week to get used to it.

PROS:
    A.) VERY fast and twitchy, superb tracking and control. Weighting system.
    b.)3200 DPI/Rlly good software/macros, etc
    c.) Braided cord(nice!), Solid construction (after aforementioned fixes)
    d.)scroll wheel is pro. k?
    Trying it once does not do it justice. Or twice. Seriously. it takes a week or more. its liek the ugly duckling. It will grow on you.
    it looks fcked up and feels fcked up untill you get used to it, which takes time but after that it looks and feels like a stealth fighter of a mouse. DO NOT CHANGE THE GRIPS IT WILL JUST TAKE LONGER TO GET USED TO. jus put on the grip you want(small one ftw) and stick to it.

Get a good mousepad or no matter what mouse you have your wasting your time. Steelseries pads ftw.

I seriously reccomend the G9, but if your deadset on a Razor get a deathadder. Its their best one hands down and the price is good. just be prepared for reliability issues.
  12. DeltaFox

DeltaFox New Member

Thanks Received:
    @Jmatt110

I never meant to accuse you :) Just wanted to clear up the spec before OP made a decision based on wrong data
    No hard feelings? :eek: (English is my third language, so things don't always sound like they should)
  13. Jmatt110

Jmatt110 New Member

Thanks Received:
    My bad, was just having a bad day and I thought you came of accusingly, sorry :toast:
  14. Jmatt110

Jmatt110 New Member

Thanks Received:
    G9 ftw!! :) I'm using mine on a Razer eXactMat (the one that comes with the wristrest), very nice :) I haven't noticed any durability problems with mine (loose and flexing grips), perhaps you just got a bad one? Mines been nothing but perfect :)
  15. Sc1mitar New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah some have the problem some dont, ive looked it up on logitech support forums b4 i did anything to it and there have been lots of other cases like mine.

but yeah G9 baby!
  16. Homeless

Thanks Received:
    Tracking problems. Regardless of surface, the Lachesis doesn't track very well as the cursor will shoot to the corner of the screen if you move it too fast.
  17. Homeless

Thanks Received:
    As others have mentioned in this thread, the deathadder is a great mouse, but it has error correction which has it's positives and negatives. I am personally using one now and love it to death, but I wish it had the error correction of an MS IE 3.0 (none)
  18. DeltaFox

DeltaFox New Member

Thanks Received:
    OT: How is that wristrest compared to a run-of-the-mill mousepad wristrest?
    Like this, http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=66181#
  19. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    The IMAK owns that or any like it, in fact i have not found any thing better than the IMAK. i have had mine about 16 months no with 0 issue's my wrists never felt better.

The IMAK will mold around your wrist for perfect fit.
  20. DeltaFox

DeltaFox New Member

Thanks Received:
    That IMAK rest doesn't seem to be available anywhere in my country.
    Also i plan on getting the razer bundle anyway,
    i just thought it would be enlightening to hear an owners experiences with it.
    But i seem to be derailing this thread a bit to much, so Jmatt110 could you send an PM with an answer?
  21. Jmatt110

Jmatt110 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Check your PM's :)

Jeno, where'd you go?
  22. Jeno Guest

23. Jmatt110

Jmatt110 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good stuff, glad that you made a decision :) Do they let you return items in exchange for another or anything like that?
  24. Jeno Guest

wouldn't have a clue
  25. Jmatt110

Jmatt110 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Fair enough then. Let us know how it works out for ya :)