1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Launches First Keyboard Mechanical Switch Designed for Gaming

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    Microsoft keyboards have the best quality for a membrane keyboard.

If only I could meld a Microsoft Natural Keyboard and cherry mx browns I would be in heaven !!

xvi says thanks.
  2. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Donno, i have Logitech UltraX and is for me by far one of the best keyboards ever. Only thing that is a problem with it is the silver coating on the keyboard case that wears off rather quickly. But it hink i might give it a sandblasting bath to make it all black and then it would be just that.

I like its low profile keys, big ENTER key, multimedia keys. Plus Logitech service is superb. I was looking at some Razer keyboards, but could never got past the darn tiny ENTER key. Otherwise it would be superb.

3. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    wait for review to see this switches comparing with cherry switches

4. Prima.Vera

Prima.Vera

Thanks Received:
    Anyone else hates that ENTER key??

5. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    yeah, bigger enter key is nice but its like personal taste, each one may have different taste
    but anyway i like their font type

6. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    I hate tiny backspace and tiny left shift so much more and usually with localized keyboards, when you get big enter key, you also get this:
    [​IMG]

It's much better with normal sized backspace and smaller left shift, like this:
    [​IMG]
    Some like international layout with big enter and big shift for WASD gaming :
    [​IMG]

I actually like international layout with both big shift and big backspace (the one that everyone hates :ohwell:)
    [​IMG]

remixedcat says thanks.
  7. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:

it's Hi KWA

8. evulmunk33

evulmunk33 BitFenix Rep

Thanks Received:
    so besides the RAZER logo on the switch and the neon color, what exactly is custom here?
    looks like a standard "fake cherry MX" switch from KHAIL?

i heard corsair raptor gaming and tesoro keyboards, and even some razer keyboards have been using these fake cherry switches for a while, so whats new now? razer logo and neon color?

if they really feel different that would be nice... especially a new type of brown/white/clear switch would be very cool!

im a bit worried about durability though, tighter tolerances and better durability from a new chinese maker than an established german switch maker?
    the UP TO 60 million key strokes is very telling... so it means at least one of the keys on the keyboard can last that long or what? :p

idk, im trying to be excited about this, and im looking forward to try these "new" switches, but im pretty sceptical...

9. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    I would rather get a G710+