1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Pro Click v1.6 Mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by kurosagi01, Nov 21, 2009.

1. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys would you recommend this mouse:
    [​IMG]
    specs:
    http://www.razerpro.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=45

2. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Still think gaming mice are pointless.

lol

3. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

Thanks Received:
    i would recommend it because its a good mouse. whether or not i would buy it would depend on price. idk much about gaming mice as i just bought my very first one, but i doubt i would pay over $40-$50 for one. idk how much that translates to in english pounds or the euro or w/e, but i think a "gaming" mouse is worth getting for just about anything

i just got the Razer Salmosa. very basic 3 button "gaming" mouse. i like the way it performs in games. it is fast and accurate and smooth. it feels different and is very comfortable to use. it feels and performs in games and otherwise like no other mouse i have ever used

so for those reasons alone i would say yeah, good gaming mouse = quality mouse, period

its worth it if you are willing to pay. if you don't need seven buttons and the cool lights Razer may have something else, too. if cost is an issue

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I'd love it but thats because i used the original Diamondback for 3 ish years then replaced it with the newer DB 3G one.

Only thing i do not like about that is that it's white but in the end it's pretty much a DB. And if i have need a new mouse and the DB is on the market i'd still get another.

The original DB and the DB G3 only difference i have noticed really is in Tiger Woods 08 as it's slightly faster and with playing on expert it messes with your game if your not used to it lol.

Got my DB 3G for $40 @ Tigerdirect.

I have tried there more expensive mice and not liked them and to be honest did not like the DB much but once i got used to it's been totally sweet. With my hands being some what on the larger size i have grown to love finger control movement.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  5. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    so you guys would recommend this mouse? its £18 used and £28 for brand new one

6. JTS

JTS New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not familiar with that particular model, but I'd personally pay the 10 extra for a new one.

7. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    how comes? is there problem getting used mouse?

8. JTS

JTS New Member

Thanks Received:
    It depends on where you buy it from. If you know the seller (and trust them) there shouldn't be an issue. But if it's from an unknown seller, you don't know if it has any 'flaws' that they neglect to mention.

For example I could sell my Lachesis on e-bay and claim that there is nothing wrong with it, even though the feet are scratched and the mouse wheel has developed a scrolling problem.

I just prefer buying new stuff, than 2nd hand from unknown sources.

9. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
  10. JTS

JTS New Member

Thanks Received:
    The seller is new, so it's hard to say whether he's reputable enough. Perhaps send him a e-mail asking why he's selling it after only using for 6 months.

There are plenty of legit 2nd hand parts for sale, but when it's an unknown - it's buyer beware. You could either get a great deal, or get a dud. It's your call mate.

It also depends on whether warranty/RMA is important to you. Although for the price, it's not a huge issue.

11. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    well i wouldn't really care less about it,its only £14 if you exclude postage and thats really nothing and warranty i wouldn't care less but there is a razer krait mouse on ebay for £18 from Hong Kong.

12. JTS

JTS New Member

Thanks Received:
    Considering the low cost, it's probably worth the chance. It's not like it's a CPU/mobo/VC where the cost of a dud would become an issue.

13. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    i agree, it be worth a try if it looks great condition and all that that be a bargain price for a razer mouse, i was thinking of the microsoft sidewinder X5 mouse and the logitech MX518 but i don't really like the design of the MX518 but i heard its a great mouse and i read good reviews on the sidewinder X5

14. JTS

JTS New Member

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately it's hard to judge a mouse until you've used it. Reviews can give you a heads up, but until it's in your hand - you really don't know.

When I got my Lachesis, all the reviews made it seem like the perfect mouse for me and while I like it, I don't love it.

I've also heard that the X5 and MX518 are pretty good, but I've never used them.

Realistically, they'll all do the job. It just comes down to personal preference.

15. Ra97oR

Ra97oR

Thanks Received:
    I first thought the Lachesis is the best... until I tested it, then went for a Deathadder and loved it. So try it yourself if possible.

16. JTS

JTS New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's what I wish I did :)

A bit hard to test when you order online though ;)