1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Reclusa Or Razer Lycosa (Gaming Keyboard)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by TricksterMatt, Apr 24, 2009.

1. TricksterMatt

TricksterMatt

Thanks Received:
    I need help on deciding which gaming keyboard I should get, it's either the Razer Reclusa or the Razer Lycosa. I don't know which one I should get. They both have the cool blue neon glow, I want the one which is the brightest glow and is good for gaming and comfortable ^_^

Razer Reclusa = http://www.ebuyer.com/product/127208

Razer Lycosa = http://www.ebuyer.com/product/143289

2. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    Reclusa for 1 its cheaper and great qualit. There is a big flaw in the RAZER Lycosa, the stupid hyper response crap is BS, after using a single key so many times, it thinks you want to repeat that key, so lets say it the letter l.. it does this llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll and wont stop untill you hit backspace. Then the key will not work and you have to unplug the keyboard and re plug it in to re-set the baord.. seriously gay for a $85 keyboard. But it does look really sexy, and thats the only good thing about that board.

3. TricksterMatt

TricksterMatt

Thanks Received:
    So Lycosa is bad then? Whats the blue neon glow like on it? Is it bright? And I might go for the Reclusa then

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't use the hyper response function on my Lycosa nor have I had any other problems with it. Best gaming keyboard I've owned.

mrw1986 says thanks.
  5. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Lycosa hands down! I have the big brother of razer family, but I'd grab a lycosa any day of the week!

Now, need to grab the mouse.. lol

6. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    havent had a single problem with the lycosa. If there is a problem, reclusa will have it also, same software AND firmware.

7. TricksterMatt

TricksterMatt

Thanks Received:
    Whats the blue neon glow like on it? Is it bright? and can you switch it off if you want?

8. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    its not too bright and yes there is an option to turn it off or illuminate the whole board or just the wasd keys

9. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    QFT. Love my Lycosa, best keyboard I've ever owned!

10. gr8golf

gr8golf New Member

Thanks Received:
    +1 - very happy with the keyboard. I do wish the LED keys had multiple brightness settings. I think they are too dark for regular use, but with lights out they are okay.

11. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know im not the only person who had problems with the Lycosa. Yse its is a good keyboard aside from the problems I had, and there are others here on TPU that have had the same probs as I did. Hell, you might have the same deal as i did and others, or you might be like some and never have a problem with the board. Either way, both boards are a great choice.

12. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Razor recalled a bunch of Lycosa's for problems a while ago did you ever see if your version was recalled?

13. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    The one I had I bought 5 weeks ago and kept it for 4days. Maybe the ones at Best Buy are older models that were never sent back. I was un-aware about the recall.

14. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, they made the "Mirror" to update the line with the fixes and adding a bit more users...

15. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    you can't go wrong with either if you want something fairly big then reclusa if you want small and thin the lycosa

if I had to choose I would choose the Razer Tarantula but what you have here you can't go wrong so go for cheapest cause no one wants to spend a lot of money on a keyboard especially if it wont wipe your ass for you too(for my keyboard anyways)

16. TricksterMatt

TricksterMatt

Thanks Received:
    Cheers guys, I heard you can't turn off the blue neon light on the Reclusa? But you can on the Lycosa? Correct me if im wrong.

17. kyle2020 Guest

Why limit yourself to Razer boards? Saitek do their gorgeous Eclipse, all the way up to rev.3 - Logitech have their G11 and G15 (rev.2 on the G15 is awful, Rev.1 is lovely) - Saitek also do the cyborg - now that is a tasty bit of kit.