• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBE, 69xx, video clocks, and how they all fit

davetheshrew

no, just use an asus bios and mod it for voltage and use sd for range enhancement, voltage controll in sd is crap

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
Couldn't you just get the overdrive signature from the 6970 BIOS? Dunno if that's feasible.. :)
Maybe. That's something I leave for the community to find out 'cause I don't have one of those cards. Changing DeviceID back to 6950 might be necessary afterwards.

a good thing to do is just install smartdoctor and tick overclocking range enhancement and then uninstall SD. works fine even when I install another ccc over the top. my ccc limits are 1620/2500 :)

Cool, didn't know that. :eek:

will changing the vendor ID through RBE be enough to fool SD?
I did a few quick tests and found, that not, not even with SSID changed as well. Maybe reinstalling Catalyst will be necessary after changing VendorID.

a good thing to do is just install smartdoctor and tick overclocking range enhancement and then uninstall SD. works fine even when I install another ccc over the top. my ccc limits are 1620/2500 :)

it would be nice to know what is changed by SD in the register (or wherever) to unlock CCC, and create a small app that does the same thing...

it would be nice to know what is changed by SD in the register (or wherever) to unlock CCC, and create a small app that does the same thing...

SD installs some kind of driver. "EIO Driver" Maybe it is relevant to it.

davetheshrew

this would be very cool, i know someone that may help, il post back in a bit.

Boomstick777

Processor Core i7 2600k
Motherboard ASRock Pro3 Socket 1155
Cooling Cooler Master 212+
Memory 8GB Corsair 2000MHz
Video Card(s) HD 6970 2GB 900/1450 Stock Volts
Storage 2TB Samsung F1/F3 Intel Raid 0
Display(s) Dell 24" 1080P
Case Antec 900
Any news on if 1.27 is released today?

jimmyz

System Name Black ice
Processor QX 9650 @ 5ghz @ 1.55v
Motherboard DFI X-38 T2R
Cooling jinu ss in v-2000b+2
Memory crucial ballistix tracer ddr2 1066 asynch 4-4-4-5
Video Card(s) 2 x Radeon 4850 voltmodded watercooled
Storage 4x seagate 250gb in RAID 0
Display(s) 24" SOYO LCD 1920x1200
Case vapoli v2000b+2 (lian-li)
Audio Device(s) onboard karjan audio
Power Supply pc power & cooling silencer 750 Quad
Software windows mce 2005 (xp pro basically) dual boot w/ Vista Home premium.
No sneak preview? ;)

Merry Christmas guys..

I made 2 files for you, one ASUS file which will work with Smart doctor 5.74 and a Sapphire file for those who don't want to or don't know how to force flash. The non ASUS cards will require a force flash to be done, otherwise you will get a subsystem ids mismatch error. (With ASUS bios)

As always, use at your own risk etc, Ninjalane nor Techpowerup is responsible etc.

BTW the stock 3-d voltage is 1.175, I bumped that to 1.275 in each file. everything else is standard, Powerplay etc still works like factory.

http://www.ninjalane.com/files/downloads/asus.zip

http://www.ninjalane.com/files/downloads/sapphire.zip

And as always, make a back-up before you flash, use the latest ATIwinflash or DOS based ATIflash. Be careful when flashing, close all open programs, Stock system, Set the card to default etc.

Last edited:

jimmyz

System Name Black ice
Processor QX 9650 @ 5ghz @ 1.55v
Motherboard DFI X-38 T2R
Cooling jinu ss in v-2000b+2
Memory crucial ballistix tracer ddr2 1066 asynch 4-4-4-5
Video Card(s) 2 x Radeon 4850 voltmodded watercooled
Storage 4x seagate 250gb in RAID 0
Display(s) 24" SOYO LCD 1920x1200
Case vapoli v2000b+2 (lian-li)
Audio Device(s) onboard karjan audio
Power Supply pc power & cooling silencer 750 Quad
Software windows mce 2005 (xp pro basically) dual boot w/ Vista Home premium.
Higher than the mosfets can handle. The max in theory is like 2v. but anything over 1.5 is suicide, even on LN2. I tested as high as 1.5v on air and it gets too hot to complete a bench even with fans at 100% so realistic volts, 1.35 max with good cooling, scaling really slows down over 1.3v more volts just makes it hotter.

Boomstick777

Processor Core i7 2600k
Motherboard ASRock Pro3 Socket 1155
Cooling Cooler Master 212+
Memory 8GB Corsair 2000MHz
Video Card(s) HD 6970 2GB 900/1450 Stock Volts
Storage 2TB Samsung F1/F3 Intel Raid 0
Display(s) Dell 24" 1080P
Case Antec 900
Merry Christmas guys..

I made 2 files for you, one ASUS file which will work with Smart doctor 5.74 and a Sapphire file for those who don't want to or don't know how to force flash. The non ASUS cards will require a force flash to be done, otherwise you will get a subsystem ids mismatch error. (With ASUS bios)

As always, use at your own risk etc, Ninjalane nor Techpowerup is responsible etc.

BTW the stock 3-d voltage is 1.175, I bumped that to 1.275 in each file. everything else is standard, Powerplay etc still works like factory.

http://www.ninjalane.com/files/downloads/sapphire.zip

And as always, make a back-up before you flash, use the latest ATIwinflash or DOS based ATIflash. Be careful when flashing, close all open programs, Stock system, Set the card to default etc.

Any chance of an Asus bios with 950/1525 clocks at 1.22 Volts? Would be much appreciated :)

Can powerplay settings be alterted in RBE? If power play is at default and volts are higher will this make card unstable still.. I mean would you have to have powerplay set to +20% in ccc even if you are voltage overclocked?

Last edited:

DJManiac

Thanks for this... I have a strange behavior:
I flash your ASUS Bios with success! And temps went higher as expected. Also OC was better of course BUT then I decided to flash back to stock 6970 Bios but then It looks like that the higher VGPU still is active!!! Same Temps and same OC than with your ASUS Bios...
Any suggestions????

Could anyone get the signature method work? I tried msi 6850 oc signature given above, windows booted for first time and it reconfigured the driver settings. After that, second boot was a failure.(Black screen crash)

Thanks for this... I have a strange behavior:
I flash your ASUS Bios with success! And temps went higher as expected. Also OC was better of course BUT then I decided to flash back to stock 6970 Bios but then It looks like that the higher VGPU still is active!!! Same Temps and same OC than with your ASUS Bios...
Any suggestions????

Did you power OFF the computer after the flash?
I'm sort of concerned why your temps/OC would remain the same...

DJManiac

Did you power OFF the computer after the flash?
I'm sort of concerned why your temps/OC would remain the same...

No just reboot.... But as RBE1.27 is out I change stock Bios of XFX670 to VGPU 1220 and Temps are lower again... :) Dont know what happend... Never mind!