1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBE bug reports

Discussion in 'RBE' started by t3hn0, Apr 4, 2008.

1. VuurVOS New Member

Thanks Received:
    Try to change the fan speed with Rivatuner or with ATI (Tray) Tools
  2. digitalhater New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am already doing that. Using riva tuner and i keep them at 100%. My prob is that the fans wont start unless i help them to (i have to touch them and push them a little).
  3. VuurVOS New Member

Thanks Received:
    If the fans are running after the push. Do they response on the fan speed changes caused by RivaTuner ?
  4. digitalhater New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yep. The temps drop when I change the speed with RivaTuner. I dont know why they don't start without pushing them....the stock cooler was running at first (when I was pressing the power button).
  5. BAGZZlash

BAGZZlash RBE Author

Thanks Received:
    I would appreciate the discussion about this to be held in the general thread because this is not an RBE bug report.
  6. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    So I have a Visiontek Radeon HD 3870, and when ever I load the bios (dumped from both GPU-Z and ATI Tool) RBE tells me that the powercable is not connect to the card even though I know it is. I've tried changing the connection on the PSU (modular cables) to see if that has done anything with no results, I have changed the cable that came with my PSU (has 4 seperate PCI-E powercables) with no results, and even used a 4pin molex to pci-e power and got the same results with that. Now it doesn't seem to actually affect the performance of the card at all, but it is interesting and a little discomforting. Just did a quick test to see if anything would be different if I booted up the PC with out a cable connected and there was nothing displayed on the screens, so is it just something being read wrong?
  7. thoughtdisorder

thoughtdisorder New Member

Thanks Received:
    Change the message to whatever your heart desires, in reality that message means nothing from what I've read. (Really)
  8. philbrown23

philbrown23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok so I use RBE to up my voltage for overclocking,but after I flahs my new bios I cannot overclock the card??? rivatuner won't work, CCC won't work, nor Ati tool. Is this done for a reason? or is this a bug?
  9. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    what did you use to flash?
  10. VuurVOS New Member

Thanks Received:
    Try to reinstall you drivers
  11. Mad-Matt

Thanks Received:
    After installing lasest cats ive noticed that the clocks seems to have become locked, as in i cant overclock via software now. I believe there is a problem with latest rbe as if i flash an untouched bios and reinstall drivers all is well, but if i flash an edited bios and reinstall drivers , the overdrive clocks become locked. I dont recall having this issue with 1.09, but its something ill have to test.
  12. sipe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can confirm that bug, but i can overclock with att and rivatuner but not overdrive
  13. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    Dunno if this is a RBE bug, but think so:

[​IMG]

This is the original BIOS, as saved by GPU-Z 0.2.2 (0.2.1 did the same: tested it). Notice that it says it was modified by RBE when it was not and the "Fan Settings" area.

It's not supposed to be like this, is it?
  14. BAGZZlash

BAGZZlash RBE Author

Thanks Received:
    Could you post your BIOS file? :cool:
  15. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    Here it is:

Attached Files:

16. BAGZZlash

BAGZZlash RBE Author

Thanks Received:
    Thanks. Hm, this is a really weired one. It has no usable Hardwarestring at all. Is it really an Asus 3870?
    Can you do me one favour: Please use Rivatuner to read the PWM mode of the fan, would you? Inside the BIOS, it's corrupted. Is it a fanless card?
    However, the checkbox "has been modified before" is checked because of some unexpected bytes in the end of the file. Exceeds specification as well, but this is just an optical issue. You should safely be able to change clock settings and the strings using RBE, if you like. :cool:
  17. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    It has a fan: it's this card!

About the RivaTuner, do you mean these (see attachments)?

I was aiming to change the fan setting only but i encountered that ... :eek:

Attached Files:

18. BAGZZlash

BAGZZlash RBE Author

Thanks Received:
    Your second screenshot shows the interesting part: The PWM mode is 0, just as RBE reports (internally). This shouldn't be the case. Does your fan even work? Is it temperature controlled?
  19. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    I just did a Fur Bench run with my card OCed and i didn't hear the fan increasing it's speed. Then i remembered i could turn it to 100% duty cycle in RivaTuner ... :eek: ... and didn't hear it either.

Something's wrong: i used to hear it but now i don't :wtf:

Does the info in the pic help?

EDIT

I can confirm that the fan IS working because my hand ... accidently ... hit it during a shutdown while it was still working ...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  20. BAGZZlash

BAGZZlash RBE Author

Thanks Received:
    Maybe, but it's not regulated. However, fan controlling is jammed inside the BIOS, that's the problem. You should try another BIOS. Look insinde the TPU-VGA-database for a nice and creamy one.
  21. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    I flashed it to this (see attachment).

Using RivaTuner, turning up fan duty cycle yields no results (noise).

Do i have a defective card?

Attached Files:

22. BAGZZlash

BAGZZlash RBE Author

Thanks Received:
    At least you fan controller seems to be corrupted. Maybe that's why it was disabled in the first place.
    Maybe your fan is connected to some other power source which is not afflicted to the fan controller. Or, more likely: The fan on your card is obviously no standard fan. Maybe it doesn't understand the PWM signal. So it always runs at the same speed.
  23. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    But it's the fan that came with the card ... :confused: :wtf:
  24. BAGZZlash

BAGZZlash RBE Author

Thanks Received:
    Of course. But it's not the reference design fan, that's what I meant. It's a fan Asus decided to put onto the card. Maybe it's superior to the reference fan, maybe not. That's up to you to decide. Is is noisy?
  25. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    During the first few days i could hear it, slightly, but now i can't hear it @ all.