1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBE feature requests

Discussion in 'RBE' started by BAGZZlash, Apr 7, 2008.

1. vedaire69 New Member

Thanks Received:
    7970 bioses

ok i know bag is havving a tough time of it. so rbe is behind but does anyone know of another radeon bios editor im needing to modify my bios myself and cant find another.
  2. vedaire69 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Rbe

ok everyone we need to beg borrow plead and steal if necc. to get bag to please keep RBe going as it seems to be the only Bios editor available to us radeon users and without it. We can't edit any of the bioses for the 7900 series of cards.
  3. pokazene_maslo

Thanks Received:
    not even voltage editing? it was still working on HD69xx, and it was really useful because it allowed me to lower power consumption of my HD6970 (modded HD6950) by decreasing voltages to:
    0.8V@250MHz (idle) 0.95V@500MHz (UVD) 1.075V@880MHz (3D), originally it was
    0.9V@250MHz (idle) 1.00V@500MHz (UVD) 1.175V@880MHz (3D).
  4. Boomstick777 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah totally agree, what can we do to help?
  5. AndyK70 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would like to have to possibility to change the default refresh rates located in the bios.

It was possible (long time ago) with RadEdit from Alex Yakovlev, but this tool is not developed any more and the last version does not support newer cards.
    I can't find any other tool to do the job and RBE is the best tool for that at the moment, just lacking this feature. :D
  6. Devmode New Member

Thanks Received:
    Crossflashing

I have the Radeon 6930 with BIOS switch. This videocard is very similar to FirePro V7900. Due to the fact that the program is not updated very often I find a useful opportunity to change the hardware id manually, of course, at user's own risk. This will allow at least try to enjoy the Radeon with FirePro driver without the use of third-party software and patches.
    So please add more possibilities for crossflashing

Attached Files:

• RBE.jpg
      RBE.jpg
      File size:
      92.4 KB
      Views:
  7. svl7 New Member

Thanks Received:
    First of all, thanks a lot for all the work you put in RBE, it's really a great tool with an astonishing amount of features.
    I'm sorry to hear you don't seem to have any plans to further develop this tool, but I can understand this, such a project can be incredibly time consuming.

Did you ever think about making it an open source project? If all people had access to the source code, chances are that it would develop faster.
    Of course you'd still need to find someone who manages the whole project, but if open sourced, the software would be more likely to be up to date with the latest cards.
  8. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    opensourcing projects doesnt work in my experience. i tried a couple of times with simple things like plugins etc. the amount of people who have enough skill to just compile the source code is very small. serious programmers in the hardware scene are usually busy with their own projects.

with the current limitation in ati's driver (bios hash check), ati bios editing is basically dead until we find a good programmer to take a look at what the ati driver does and how to fix up the checksum or how to bypass it. volunteers are welcome to step forward (better be handy with windbg, ida pro and assembly)

nvidia introduced an even stronger system with gtx 680, but the hash check is not active in the driver, it is unknown whether it will be enabled or not, they have the infrastructure for it though
    BAGZZlash says thanks.
  9. angushades New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmm so why did AMD add the bios switch for if its pretty hard to flash the chip anyways
  10. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    its to prevent users from bricking the card
  11. 404error

Thanks Received:
  12. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    no longer being worked on.
  13. Uğurhan Çavuş New Member

Thanks Received:
    About Radeon Bios Editor

RBE why not release new version ?
    why not add radeon hd 7000 series support ?
    My graphic card Sapphire hd 7970 vapor-x 6 gb oc gddr5 RBE not working my graphic card.
    other bios editor nothing work
  14. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

"with the current limitation in ati's driver (bios hash check), ati bios editing is basically dead"

Please read here

atb (all the best)

Law-II
  15. mikmak

mikmak

Thanks Received:
    Hi all, is there anyone so gentle to help me in preserving the genuinity of my edited mobility hd 4250 bios?
    I have just adjusted the voltages that I needed with the help of atomdis but now I need to recalculate the hashes that will give me the same checksum.
    This is my previous post:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-my-mobility-hd4250-bios.198463/#post-3076699
    Unfortunately RBE does not allow me to recalculate the hashes due to the fact that is not able to recognize the bios as a good one.
    Thank you!