1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBE - Need Help

Discussion in 'RBE' started by axel_balo, Feb 18, 2010.

1. axel_balo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone! this is my first post and I come to ask about a problem that I have with the RBE, I need to know some values of the tab "Fan Settings" ... I use the system table temperature, hysteresis 5%, T min hysteresis "4 ° C, PWM ramp on" activated ", PWM ramp 1% .. the question is, what it does spin up and spin up cycle time and which are the recommended values for a HD4870. Greetings to all and thanks in advance.
  2. robal

robal

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, for semi-helpful response, but:

- download reference BIOS for 4870 and see default values yourself

- there's 'help' link in RBE that will take you to the page that describes all the FAN controller values in detail

- 'spin up' is what the card does right after power-up. It's makes the fan hit high speed (spinup % value) for a short time (spinup cycle).
    That is to make sure that a fan with old bearing (high static friction) will actually break free and start rotating. (if you apply low voltage to a stopped fan, it may not start at all !)

Cheers,
    BAGZZlash says thanks.
  3. BAGZZlash

BAGZZlash RBE Author

Thanks Received:
    That's all pretty correct. Spin-up is also required for the fan controller to calibrate itself.

@Topic: In addition to robal's answers, don't you think "recommended values" is somewhat relative? If you like, there's also a "Set all fan settings to recommended values" button in RBE.
  4. axel_balo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, thanks for the responses, then I would recommend putting up the Spin Cycle in 75-100% as are the actual cards? that when the PC starts spinning very fast, and now I can only doubt, that serves the Spin up Time?, greetings and thanks in advance.
  5. robal

robal

Thanks Received:
    Using the Super-Deductive-Powers of my small, beer-dipped brain, I think that "Spin up Time" is a setting, telling how much "TIME", the "SPINUP cycle" should last :)

Keep that default. I see no reason to change it.

Cheers,
  6. axel_balo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Perfect! thank you very much for your response, and clearing all my doubts, thank you very much for helping, greetings!