1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBE No go for AMD 7970

Discussion in 'RBE' started by angushades, Apr 28, 2012.

1. angushades New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys sorry to ask but i was wondering is RBE really dead as i've been reading around and ppl say there isn't going to be much support for the 7970's or up , is that true?

2. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    the cards are brandnew pretty much, so support is going to be pretty nill till the program adds entries to detect and read the cards factory configuration

3. angushades New Member

Thanks Received:
    OK thanks , thats good to hear. I love the RBE software BTW.

4. thesmokingman

Thanks Received:
    RBE is dead on the 7970. Baggz has retired from dev and the hash checks on the bios/drivers have only made his job more difficult hastening his tiring.

5. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    thats his choice to give up. Honestly if your a true tweaker/hacker youd look fwd to the challenge. Id be surprised someone here that has programming knowledge cracks the code

6. SonDa5

SonDa5

Thanks Received:

He may have moved on to bigger and better things. Doing stuff like this is nice for the community but life takes more than that a boys to survive.

Would be great to see another great talent come along and continue this work.

BAGZZlash says thanks.
  7. laharl2k New Member

Thanks Received:
    just thinking, existing so many things that asked for donation and raised like 50K, why not do so?
    maybe if we made a collect and paid someone to reverse engineer the code so we could add it to the RBE, we would need to check whether it checks agains a known list of hashes or if it's something inside the card though (like trying an old driver agains newer cards and see if it sets the card to other setings, also it would be cool to see if it happens with linux foss drivers, as the modded bios works till fglrx/catalyst loads and sets it to defaults, and i dont think the r600g team would add that as it's useless for the driver)

maybe make a kickstarter project?

i dont know, but people paid the ps3 devs just to fight sony in court, people paid lots of proyects in kickstarters way more than what they asked/needed, i myself remember that when doixanh (xda developer) gave away his X8, a lot of people using his android version, GingerDX, raised money to buy him another X8 so he could continue developing.

Dont know if BAGZZlash would acept it, but if not (i think i remember he said he didnt know enough), maybe others could do it, maybe some of the linux drivers devs, they have the hardware, the knowledge/experience and the time i presume.

PS: people pay fortunes for shitty windows and shitty office, people pay for android/iOS apps, people even pay for dlc in the ps3/xbox360, why not paid for this to make it progress?
    PS2: as you can see BAGZZlash thanked SonDa5, so i assume he does indeed have a life and would like others to continue it.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  8. Neoroy New Member

Thanks Received:
    So how do we edit our bios?? Especially with HD7000 series. Is there any software beside RBE to edit ATI card??

9. deanariande New Member

Thanks Received:
    no other program is for bios editing, amd has encrypted their bios checksum's really well, i dont think the Dev for RBE is going to continue the project