1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RDS Printer Question

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Kreij, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a RDS server (server 2008 R2) and I share apps using its remote app functionality.
    This works fine and the apps appear to be running locally on the remote clients, even though they are not.
    The local printers on the remote client machines work fine from the remote apps (they are auto-redirected through TS ports by easyShare on the RDS).

Here's the question.
    I would like to be able to share a printer from the RDS machine and make it available to the local applications that are running on the clients.
    Is this possible?

I've been googling this for awhile but no love.
  2. temp02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    If VPN + Regular Printer Share is not an option I don't think there is a solution, unless someone made a custom (read fake) printer driver with internal custom network pass-through (like HTTP).
  3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah normal printer sharing is the best i can come up with. sorry :(
  4. Banned_User New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not 100% sure this will solve your problem but it may help. The freeware app called RedirectAllPrinters. I never had a use for it but I knew of it because I used a bunch of this guys freeware apps. It may just do exactly what easy share is already doing but just thought I'd point you it's direction. Just follow the link then go to his download page. His checkdisk app is great when you have to check multiple offline drives through a dock or usb adapter and the Reset TCP/IP app is a regular in my toolkit.

RedirectAllPrinters 1.02

Description from site:
  5. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Install printers as a web service.
    10 Million points folded for TPU