• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Real Temp Feature Requests

I may have missed this somewhere in the feature request list, but support for more cores would be great. I've got a fair number of machines that have 6+ cores and at least 1 that has multiple GPUs, so it would be super nice to support up to 10 cores if possible.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
I still do not own or have access to any hardware that has 6 or more cores for development purposes so it is going to be a while before I can add support to RealTemp for these CPUs.
Try Core Temp. It has been updated recently.

A 10+ core version of RealTemp would be so wide that it would fill up the majority of the screen. :)

Reactions: vgm

AndyAJ

Can you guys add in the ability to also execute a batch script when the temperature drops <= a certain value for both cpu/gpu?

So basically I want a program to only run within a certain temperature range. One script terminates the program when temperatures climb to high, and I'm looking to execute another to re-start the program when the temperature drops enough for it to cool down.

Thanks for this nice program!

I would like integration with IFTTT. This would allow notices to appear on your smartphone or allow climate control presets based on GPU temps.

Murdo

Close to Systray would be nice.. I have CoreTemp for the CPU Temp, Ram usage, Clock Speed... it would be nice to add the GPU Temp down there too but not have the app running on the taskbar

unclewebb

@Murdo - RealTemp already has these features. In the Options or Settings window, just make sure that Task Bar is not checked and you can also enable GPU monitoring there too. Send me a message if you want to try the latest beta.

@Murdo - RealTemp already has these features. In the Options or Settings window, just make sure that Task Bar is not checked and you can also enable GPU monitoring there too. Send me a message if you want to try the latest beta.
can i get the beta please by chance? will it support my ryzen 9 3950x cpu and read "BOTH" CCD's like hwinfo64 does? Coretemp read incorrectly and miss this program very much. havent been able to use it since ive owned my 5930k cpu back in 2014/5 since all this program could read was 6 cores

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
can i get the beta please by chance? will it support my ryzen 9 3950x cpu and read "BOTH" CCD's like hwinfo64 does? Coretemp read incorrectly and miss this program very much. havent been able to use it since ive owned my 5930k cpu back in 2014/5 since all this program could read was 6 cores
as we said in the other thread, realtemp doesnt support amd. :)

felipetweaks

Uncommon request
can you make CLI command to disable EIST?
some anticheats dont let me use RWEverything to disable eist, the solution i got so far is opening your program at every reboot and disabling eist unchecking the box

unclewebb

RealTemp has not been updated in the last 10 years.

Recent Intel CPUs use Speed Shift Technology so there is no need to enable or disable the older EIST (SpeedStep). What are you trying to accomplish?

Try running ThrottleStop 9.6.

ThrottleStop supports newer Intel CPUs. It uses an updated driver so anti cheat programs should not complain about its use.

Create a new topic in the ThrottleStop forum and post some screenshots so I can see your CPU model and settings. Include screenshots of the FIVR and TPL windows.

CLI command
Programs need to use a signed driver when accessing registers within the CPU. You cannot access CPU registers with a CLI command.