1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Real Temp Laptop Over Heating Issue

Discussion in 'General Software' started by koolfire9, Dec 2, 2011.

1. koolfire9 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well normal my laptop temp while using Firefox messenger Microsoft office Photoshop cs and You-tube stay at 50c to 55c which i think normal (correct me if I'm wrong) .

my laptop internal graphic card is Intel GMA 4500M .I usually play no games but some time i use to play Warcraft 3 online with friend while playing that game with minimal graphic options at low resolution and low texture .my laptop CPU get hotter about 20percent so it goes to 75c to 80c well . it effect bad on laptop battery as i just damage 1 battery already bec of over heating it just stop charging . i changed and replaced.

my question is how Real temp really help me to reduce over heating or any thing positive ? i dunno how to use real temp please guide i'm posting my CPU-tJMAX results and my settings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. koolfire9 New Member

Thanks Received:
    where is my answer?

3. N-Gen

N-Gen

Thanks Received:
    A temperature monitoring application is not going to lower your temperatures. If it started heating just recently you probably need to replace your thermal paste and clean the heatsink/s from any dust that could be blocking the air flow.

4. koolfire9 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks so it would not help reducing some kind of heat

1- what is Idle calibration for ?

2- what set TJMAX would do ?

3- what is Clock Modulation ?

5. N-Gen

N-Gen

Thanks Received:
    Here's all you need to know http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/docs.php. Remember that with Clock Modulation you're reducing CPU performance to return less heat, I wouldn't suggest it in your case since you seem to be fine unless gaming.