1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Really annoying problem that needs fixing!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by pdvinenz, Dec 22, 2008.

1. pdvinenz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys,

I'm having a major issue at the moment where I put a CD/DVD in my drive nothing happens, same thing goes whenever I mount an image on DAEMON (latest version).

I tried unpacking the ISO and running the autorun.exe or the setup.exe. My Vista asks me for permission, I click "ok" but nothing happens after that.

I can run my regular .exe just fine, however. The only problem right now it seems is that I can't install anything that comes as or from a CD.

Is it possible that there may be a registry conflict?

I am using Vista Business x64, 4GB, E8400 and 9800GTX.

2. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Can you right click on setup.inf?

There are services and policies that cause the autorun to occur (I turn mine off), though I'm talking about XP, but maybe somethign got "munged". Maybe a search on microsoft.com knowledgebase will give a clue.

3. pdvinenz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Been looking in the Microsoft knowledge base and just checked my registry values in case autorun had been disabled. Seems it isn't but I'm not very good at this >.<

There is no setup.inf. To be more specific it's the Red Alert 3 DVD. I bought it today and I can't seem to run it :mad:

I even extracted the entire DVD to my hardrive and tried to manually start the EASetup.exe from the new folder and I got the same result.

There is one thing though, if I put in my Starcraft CD ISO and mount it starts as normal... but maybe because it's already installed? >.<