• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek HD ALC892 Onboard Card 5.1 Rear Speaker Problem

Hi everyone. Im newbie on this forum and ive bad english for this sory. Ive Asus P8Z64-V Pro motherboard and i cant get sound from the rear speakers in 5.1 surround sound if and when install a new version software/drivercauze its only supports side speakers in 5.1 surround sound. If i dont install a new version software/driver supports both 5.1 surround sound (side speakers in surround sound and rear speakers surround sound). The first picture following old version software/driver and second picture new version software/driver.

çift.png
tek.png

cadaveca

My name is Dave
You simply have to move the plugs around to get proper function, or use different driver. This is a problem in many motherboards.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Ive also tried other drivers (asus, guru3d and dolby crack) but result is the same. Do you have another solution?
Nope, just move the plugs. Usually side/rear get swapped, so you need to move speaker plug for rears to side port, or vice-versa.

The only driver I have found to work 100% fully in the way you would expect is the one Windows installs itself. Any other driver will have this problem, I have found as you have.