1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek HD audio crackling

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by Rasputin, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

Thanks Received:
    Basically when I use headphones with my desktop, I get a steady crackling sound constantly.
    Sound is built into the motherboard which is a GIGABYTE GA-A75M-UD2H.

Have tried various things on other forums with people who have the same problem, like uninstalling EasyTune6 (don't even know what it is).

One interesting point is that I have noticed the crackling increases in frequency/pitch when the CPU is under load, when the HDD is running particularly quickly and when I do things like scroll up and down pages and resize windows, but I guess thats to do with the CPU load.

Anybody else have this problem / know how to fix? It's really pretty annoying..

P.S. I don't get this using the speakers built into my monitor which is plugged into the socket at the BACK of the computer, headphones plugged into the FRONT.

2. satelitko

satelitko

Thanks Received:
    I had a similar problem before, but it was buzzing and humming. Disabling the Line-in on the card fixed the issue.

Dogshitjoint says thanks.
  3. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't seem to have done anything for me :/

4. mad1394

mad1394 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The more connectors the signal has to pass through, the more it degrades.
    As far as I know you can't fix it, you either have to plug stuff directly in the back of the pc or buy a sound card.

5. satelitko

satelitko

Thanks Received:
    It's not about signal degradation. It's about interference. Maybe the mobo or one of the audio connectors is making contact with your case?

6. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's not degradation, and I shouldn't have to buy a new part to solve this.

I'll have a look inside it later on and make sure nothing is making contact with the case but i'm sure I checked that before I sealed it up for the first time.

7. satelitko

satelitko

Thanks Received:
    If it's not that, then I have no other ideas :) Hope you resolve that issue, as I know how terribly annoying it can be :)

8. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint New Member

Thanks Received:
    As we all may or may not know the Anolog signal from the circuit is crap!...But the Digital is a whole other story as it allows the signal to be bypassed directly without any interference from the other components on your mobo to another D/A /DAC. like an A/V receiver or other solutions.

But...there is another option that is software! no way Jose´you may say ;) I recommend purchasing/Trial the SRS Audio Sandbox 1.10.2.0 or newer if availble...to my surprise the analog audio became greatly improved even if the db went down. ofc.

I use my headphone jack that is on my Marantz as its probably 1000 times better/cleaner as it is more or less lossless.

I hope this helps some of you to find a way out of the messy/crappy Analog Audio (even if this is way good outside of a computer ;)).

Oh I must clarify that I am in no way a certified Hi-Fi "Pro" but I do consider myself to be on average maybe?.

Cheers all

//Dog

@ Rasputin: Gigabyte EasyTune is an OC utility that also can and works as a softwarebased CPU-Fancontroller (I use it myself and it is really good at that!)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  9. claylomax

claylomax

Thanks Received:
    It also depends on the front header; I had that problem with my Antec Three Hundred but no with my Silvestone case, with both I used a Xonar DS as my onboard sound is really bad, it's not even Realtek.

10. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    It sounds like maybe earthing problems or static, have you tried a different set of headphones?

Clean all the terminals, plugs, and look for possible interference sources.

I had my realtek chip blow [may have been capacitor] a few weeks ago, i had to buy a sound card to fix it.

11. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    More than 25k PPD
  12. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint New Member

Thanks Received:
    That seems to be a very neat little solution and +1 for the wrapping w. "el-tape"

I never use the front myself but I always love ideas like yours - coming from own exp. not others:rockout:

//Dog