1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Reasons to cancel your BF3 Pre Order.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nick89, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Sure.

Just go down the street on a sunny day and watch for 'flashing metal', it exists but is nowhere as 'attention attracting' as in the beta game
  2. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Yup. They coat the lens so that it doesn't reflect light.
    dank1983man420 and Phxprovost say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    I am so digging the 'lens flare' isn't realistic argument.

Neither is running across a battlefield and popping up and down from camping sights with what is a precision engineered weapon. Sniper rifles require a lot of tlc. Also, real field use of sniper rifles requires a hell of a lot of practice and talent.

Close quarters shotgun combat requires guts with some skill. Shooting your enemy across a battlefield requires a lot of hard practice (which isn't really hard to do in a pc game). The sniper is the most over rated weapon in BF (and most games). To fire a kill shot at 1+ km is very hard especially when factoring in wind conditions and the targets mobility.

As far as I'm concerned the unrealistic lens flare balances out the complete unbalance of the weapon in the first place.
    Riotpump, digibucc and tigger say thanks.
  4. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Some guys that beta testn BF3 said this is suppose to be a turned on flashlight and not a scope lens flare. I haven't played it yet but check it out guys that it's indeed a scope lens flare and not a flashlight...
  5. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    I agree, the scope flash is excessive, maybe they will reduce it a little, but you gotta tell them so they know, where do you report bugs to anyways, Link?

Love the game btw. :)
  6. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I think its great that snipers have a light on them, i fucking hate snipers. They dont really participate, just find a hidden spot and camp there picking people off, fuck em.
    digibucc and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  7. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yup, Coated optics, often Magnesium Flouride layering.
    Cold Storm and btarunr say thanks.
  8. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    How about vehicles that spawn out of thin air? If you want realism go play ArmA. Battlefield isnt what I call realistic at all. But I still play it though. But yeah.. that scope glint is crappy. Even if the sniper was facing sideways.. scope glint. lol
  9. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Old arguments all over again. Main issue, if BF3 preorder should be cancelled is just like asking if you have to marry or not: a personal decission!!!!
  10. wickerman

wickerman

Thanks Received:
    well not really, I mean I think the goal here would be to inform others of your decision in the hope of swaying others in some kind of boycott. Having played the beta I can say there is so much to fix that I really feel like they should delay the game. If the bugs and poor choices are not corrected and re-balanced then I personally would like to cancel my preorder as well.

The whole point of a beta is not an early demo (cause games dont do demos anymore...) but to test your game out on a broad scale. If they are not willing to use the information they learn, then the beta serves no purpose other than an advertising gimmick.

Reading the bugs section on the official beta forums is all the reason you need if you thought about canceling. Basic procedure for recreating bugs in BF3 - Step 1) load BF3...that's about it really. Even the luckiest among us who don't get the majority of the bugs still wind up falling through the level, or keyboard freeze, or flashing screens, and so on.
  11. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Haha, nothing to worry about for a Flashpoint/Arma veteran like me... Bugs? Girlytalk!

Okay, i do have this falling from the 3D world, but it is in one specific area, lets call it minefield, haha. I have no flikkering, freezes, nothing else as dramatic as to report it. Ah, and I do not work for dice-ea, haha
  12. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why are you and many others getting on this guys case exactly?

This is a gaming forum where people come and talk about games. I for one happen to find this information very valuable. Deep down I always knew that we weren't going to get BF2 style flight ever again in an online shooter (very steep and long learning curve but resulting in total pwnage for anyone who gets to grips with it) and so the fact that DICE have followed the woefully shit BFBC2 flight system is good to know prior to purchase of the game.

More worryingly is if they really do release the game with glowing sniper rifles.....I mean WTF!?

Since EA have decided to force everyone onto Origin, i have already decided never to pay for an EA title ever again....of course BF3 was going to be the exception as I have been chomping at the bit for a BF3 game for years......but if it is just going to be another CoD then there really is no reason to get excited.
    Nick89 and TIGR say thanks.
  13. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    I agree Mat. I am not a BF2 and 3 fanboy. I am a BF1942 fanboy if any, i love positional warfare not this girlish 'defend a comm-station' missions.
    It is a shame, but for sure the devs have explained to the press and general public: we are making a cleverly balanced game that will appeal equally to the casual gamer and the 'hardcore' (sic) war veteran.
    It's bull of course.
    Nick89 says thanks.
  14. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    +1

I'm DL'ing the beta today and will try it out for myself this evening, but if what people are saying is true, I guess I'll only be buying MW3 so I can compare/prepare with my friends that play on PS3
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Captain.Abrecan

Captain.Abrecan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is it a 'demo' or a 'beta'? If you are participating in a beta session, it is your job to report these bugs to the developers, not bitch about them on a forum.
  16. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I understand the gripe and complaining about the glare of the optics. It is a stupid feature in the game but this is just the beta, Dice will fix a lot of stuff that is wrong before and shortly after the release of the game. saying the world is going to end cause the beta is not up to par with your standards is really just childish.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Scope glint should be toned down thats all. The point is to make snipers more balanced and easier to find since they could be anywhere on a map.

Please remember its still in beta.
  18. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    Wasn't going to buy it, but now with these revelations... I still won't!
  19. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    i just saw a whole squad hide within a lens flare and literally kill everyone... wtf....
  20. Riotpump

Riotpump New Member

Thanks Received:
    Honestly after playing the game as well...the feature makes sense in my opinion. Sure it is kinda overly saturated at the moment(this is a beta). However it basically forces snipers to be mobile at least. Can't just stay in that one spot the whole match. As others have stated everyone knows camping is very strong or so called overpowered in these games. At least some of them may actually participate with attacking/defending objectives. Instead of camping predictable spawn points.(Yes I know you can spawn off of player positions as well).
  21. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    Let me explain something to you:

When the OP posted this thread originally, the title was: "How do I cancel my BF3 preorder" that's why you may notice the first ppl who posted in this thread (myself included) were confused about reading the title, entering the thread, and then finding a full rant about about why BF3 beta sucks and this and that, obviously the the OP's original intentions were not to ask for help on how to cancel his order, but to start a discussion about why this game sucks so much.

After the first of us replied to this thread, the title was edited by the OP to "should I cancel my BF3" preorder, that's the reason why you see some of us telling the OP to just go ahead and cancel it, many times I asked the OP about where he placed his original preorder in order to help him with the canceling process as he originally requested. The reason why we were pissed was that the OP had obviously made his mind when the thread was posted in the first place, and yet we were dragged to a flame war due to the deceiving thread title.

Then the title to the thread was changed for the third time to "reasons to cancel your preorder", now making everybody who posted in this thread in the beginning look like a troll or a BF3 fanboy, if you notice in none of our original posts we try to convience the OP to change his mind and not cancel his preorder, or try to defend BF3 (I couldn't care less about a beta game) far from it, we actualy encouraged him to cancel the preorder, and we were obviously drawn into this silly argument for all the wrong reasons. Go ahead and read our posts again now that you know the sequence of events, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I feel sorry that I felt for the flame bait, and should've never posted here in the first place, as I posted before, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and I'm not going to waste my time trying to change anybody's mind.
    WhiteNoise says thanks.
  22. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Most snipers in game are not helping the team just racking up personal kills, they do not support the other players. For example your playing conquest the idea is to take a point and capture it not hide and rack up kills.

I dont think the problem in the OP will personally put me off buying the game but they should tone the glare down.

If you feel like cancelling your pre order then go ahead that's up to you.
  23. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    wow, a lot of misinformation in this thread. I am surprised, none of you read through the other, very informative BF3 thread, in which 90% of these issues were addressed.

first, lens flare WILL BE REDUCED in the final game (according to DICE) it was likely exaggerated in the beta to exhibit the feature.

As for vehicles, have you flown a chopper yet? cause I have, and it is nothing like BC2. there is no auto-hover.

the burst fire on APC's is a balance thing. do yourself a favor. play Caspian border before canceling. worth your time.
    dank1983man420 says thanks.
  24. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    i never even liked the original bf2. toooooooo many frigging bugs!!! and the gameplay was very umm fidgety tipe, not smooth. Not to mention the trigger point after which enemies attack LOL.

EA is gone....
  25. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Sure there are issues and some disappointments but anyone who judges this entire game on a beta of Operation Metro is a fool who deserves to miss out. Please do cancel.