1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Recent new WCer looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Dawgdoc, May 4, 2008.

1. Dawgdoc New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is only my 2nd loop ever (first one was about 2 weeks ago) so please feel free to critique! Im not thin skinned and would appreciate any comments or advice.

The full system specs are:
    X3220 G0 (possibly switch out for an E8400 or a Q6600 G0 - still testing)
    EVGA 750i FTW!
    8800 GTS G92 - (1 on RMA)
    Corsair HX620W
    2 X 1GB PC8500 Mushkin Extreme Performance 5-5-4-12
    2 X 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 Perps RAID 0

D-tek FuZion
    MCW-60
    2 X PA 120.3
    2 X D5 Vario
    Tygon R3603 7/16 ID, 5/8 OD

CM690 modded and painted. Dual loops with a PA 120.3 on each. The GPU loop is supposed to be SLI but Im waiting on an RMA for the 2nd card. The CPU loop is going to include the FETs and the NB in the future which is why I have it on its own loop.

The wires need a tad more tidying, and I need to trim my fill lines as well as perhaps reposition the one going to the top pump. I also am going to get some modders mesh and make a cover for the lower right open area which used to be HD bays to cover up the wires stuffed behind there.

:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
    hoooweee lot going on in there!
    nice job mounting the rads, should give you some really stable temps! I'm more of a fan of internal mounting but that's just for look
    I think you can do a lot better cleaning up your tubing and routing, my thing is why not do it right the first time? ;)
    spend the extra time attempting to make it all as close to perfect and you'll save yourself lots of trouble reworking your loops!
  3. spearman914

spearman914 New Member

Thanks Received:
    GOOD JOB!!! You sure did some cablemanagement but it would look better with tube management. LOL
  4. Dawgdoc New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea I know......

Ive got to drain the GPU loop when the 2nd card comes back for RMA, so Im going to do some rerouting/etc at that time.

Any suggestions? HOW could I make it cleaner?

Like I said....Im new. I only started with WC about 2 weeks ago :D
  5. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
    trim your tubes! with your current configuration I can see at least 10" that can be cut out
  6. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    +1
    The best flow rates are ones with as little tubing as possible. The pump starts to lose the ability to effectively move liquid the longer the tubing is. Shorten up tubes and up the effectiveness of you wc system.
  7. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    like others have said, trim the tubes a little and you might want to mount the fillport somewhere instead of having it hanging randomly.
  8. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
    LOL I didn't even notice it there! not to mention that's dangerous!

just drill a little hole in the top of your case for the fill port
  9. Dawgdoc New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cant mount the fillports anywhere cleanly :(

The top of the CM690 has a mesh covering over it. If it were a metal top case like a Lian-Li sure.

The 10" of trim.....do you mean just on the fill lines? Or all throughout the 2 loops?

With the 7/16 ID 5/8 OD Tygon I was having some kinking issues if I didnt leave just a tad of "slack" in the line but it looks like Ive got excess?

Hmmmm....And this one was so much better than the 1st one I did. I guess Ill need to tighten it up a bit.
  10. aspire

Thanks Received:
    You really need to re-do your tubing runs. You probly could've planned things out a bit better.
  11. intel igent

intel igent New Member

Thanks Received:
    dude you got alot goin on in that small case! G/J fitting it all in there ;) im a fan of single loops myself but hey to each there own :respect:

you could make a mounting plate (modders mesh) for your filports since you cant mount them on the top due to rad posistion.

for the tubing : shortest, straightest runs are best. you may have to stare at it for a couple of hours (thats what i do)

:toast: