1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Recommend a fully programmable Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by AsRock, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Chummmleee

Chummmleee

Thanks Received:
    Why don't you just get a other razer black widow keyboard , I've had one for a year and I've never used a more comfortable keyboard not to mention how durable it is.

2. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    hey why not get the Logi???

3. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    As i have said before. Been bitten twice and to have a 3rd one would be just silly. And that software OMG.

Because Logi are normally good with warranty's and for some crappy reason they only offer 1 year with that keyboard so all that says to me is that they cannot back their product..

4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well as the cheaper Ryos keyboards are due September and the higher versions in October i am asking again if there is any other as it's been some time now..

Being left handed the Ryos has one flaw which ROCCAT like missing the the back slash key above the enter key which is bad as i use all the keys in reach everyday even more so with Arma 3.

I guess not enough lefty's or complaints about the missing key as they do it on all their keyboards which is a shame for a so called gamers keyboard.

5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Were it say it's fully programmable ?

I need to be able to program most of the keys on the keyboard and the Logitech and the corsairs do not do that as i can tell. Being left handed macro keys are just a waste of space

Sorry missed your post... Looking though whats available once again and still no Rycos

6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well after the wait just got one ordered tonight hopefully i will get it by Thursday :).

7. TheGoat Eater

TheGoat Eater

Thanks Received:
    I would have to recommend the one I use that has a nice program to facilitate programming functions. It is the MSI GK-601 and I love it, a great sturdy keyboard that feels good when I am using it. I have to admit that it is taking some getting used to since I have been using a notebook keyboard (on my GT60) for so long I am accustomed to its size and feel.

8. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    No good for me the numpad and arrow keys are used a lot and that keyboard don't support role over on those keys and only cherry are available.

At this time the MK Pro has been good to use..

9. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-032-RC

These Roccat Ryos are already on sale in the UK BWAHAHAHA, pretty expensive though. Surely you can buy them on the US Amazon though, I recall them being available on the 24th September. All in all an awesome keyboard, but I got a K90 for half price so I skipped out on Roccat this time around.

10. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:

I did already and your on about the none pro version. They only became available on the 18th this month on Amazon and a few days earlier on Newegg.

And as for the Corsair you cannot program most of the keys or i would of got the K90 some time ago. Which was one of the main features i required.

Moving from the cherry blues to the browns is taking a little to get used to :p.

Only had it a day but no software issue's or any thing like that yet although they could of showed how to do more advanced stuff with it.

And the profiles work better than they do on the Razer Blackwidow too, like when you run a game it used to select the profile but if you minimized the game it would stay with that games profile, were as with the MK Pro if you minimize the game the profile changes to the windows profile. This is ideal as some games don't let you change the keys so i move the ASWAD keys to the arrow keys and such which should explain why i like how it changes profiles if the games minimized which in turn is good for when your editing making Arma missions too :):).

11. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Personal preference, but I switched from MX Blues(On a smelly Razer Black Widow) to MX Reds for typing(dont kill me for saying so), as my words per minute has vastly increased since doing so. It's also pretty smooth for the games I play.