1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Recommend any good RPG game

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jaffakeik, May 28, 2011.

1. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Hi,
    Want to know if some good RPG games was released recently on PS3 or will be this year.dont recommend games older than year because probably ill got em :) thanks
  2. Razerian

Thanks Received:
    Dragon age II wasn't bad, not as good as the original plot wise imo but the mechanics and graphics are much improved.
  3. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    i played dragonage2 only on PC,liekd it much but still any upcoming games that would be worth of preodering?
  4. Razerian

Thanks Received:
    Definitely elderscrolls V, but that's not till November I believe
  5. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Witcher 2.
  6. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    thanks, will opt em on my list.
  7. stuartb04

stuartb04

Thanks Received:
    not really many rpgs that came out within the
    last year thats worth the mention

other than those that has been already

but witcher 2 is brilliant
  8. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been hearing good things about Drakensang as well.

I know that you want a newer game but have you have played Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines?
  9. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    vtmb is good just make sure to get the TRUE patch so its actually playable and so things make sense.

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

Drakensaang

Witcher 2

Divinity II The Dragon Knight Saga

Fallout New Vegas

to name a few.
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  10. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
  11. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
  12. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    They work fine for me. Have you used the basic version or just going by the crap that Tessera used to talk? Keep in mind only one is actually still supported and takes input from the community.
  13. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    i realize that but i dislike tess's attitude guys a drama queen to the extreme that said 5.04at fixed all i needed to have fixed and didnt fuck with shit that didnt need it, last time i used wesps patches he had made the game so easy i could beat it useing just my feet. at least thats how it felt. basic patches might be better but after dealing with all of Wesps bullshit patches ill stick to what worked for me.

people need to use what works for them 5.04at is what i use if you like Wesps patches use them :toast: all the matters is the end result.

a good example of it for me is for VTMB i prefer a game as close to what the developer intended as possible
    with Oblivion etc i want the exact opposite. Wesps patches changed way to much for my tastes.

actually better example would be the Body mod debate for oblivion on which to use lol everyone has different tastes on whats good i suppose lol.
    BababooeyHTJ says thanks.
  14. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not going to lie that guy's attitude put me off from ever trying that patch. I know that there were several other people involved and I have heard good things though. The author seems like such a douchbag I just can't bring myself to even try that mod.
    crazyeyesreaper says thanks.
  15. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    yea he is a douchebag i actually tried helping him with a couple mods a long long time ago back when Oblivion first came out his attitude eventually forced all the good modders to leave. His Ego is bigger then the Universe itself :roll:
  16. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    i got fallout NV, played Vampire back in days, but now i think its too old to be bothered with.What about game style like in the last remnant,FF13,tactical rpg's, i playin tham too,to be honest i like tham more than nowdays 3d action rpg.dragon quest and so on :)
  17. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    a games age shouldn't mean anything, a good game is a good game and graphics dont mean squat if a game sucks. keep that in mind

now that i think about it looking back at RPGs from years ago todays crop of games all suck giant dog nuts.
    HalfAHertz says thanks.
  18. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I know that graphic dont mean anything,thats why i didnt said anything about graphic.I just dont want to bother myself with too old games,want to try something new,dont see any reason to play over and over old games.
  19. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    true but what im saying is look back at older titles, i seriously doubt you own everything and emulation of older games works well to ive recently started playing my old PS1 and PS2 RPGs again for fun, since i can run them at higher resolutions and force AA the games at least look better then they did and for alot of them the story is unmatched.

Games id recommend for emulation would be if you can find them

Ogre Battle 64 Person of Lordly Caliber n64 in the top 100 nintendo games of all time

Suikoden 1 and 2 great games nearly unmatched PS1

Vagrant Story, PS1

Dark Cloud 1 and 2

Shadow Hearts series

Crono Cross

Arc the Lad

Xenogears

etc etc for RPGs that actually have good story and are worth playing your gonna have to look into the past. as most of the newer games out today are seriously lacking.
    Jaffakeik says thanks.
  20. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    ok I played vargant story on ps1, and i really did much ps1 gamplay with emulators,PS2 emulators mostly sucks so i dont bother with em. all other games dont ring a bell to me :(.But i guess they mostly tactical.
    I agree with you that many old rpg got nice story and long gameplay.
    I will consider to do some investigation within your rec games, maybe I will find myself in them, like in good old days :)Today I bought Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll maybe will be good game
  21. araditus New Member

Thanks Received:
    phantasy star 4 for genesis get the rom at pscave.com get the emu at gens.me i have played this game start to finish 11 times, only other game ive done more than once is ff7 and that was only 2 times, if that says anything, i always like to go back and beat the game at a lower and lower level, besides the story is epic and the game is very challengeing
  22. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    the sims3 medieval lol
  23. Funtoss

Funtoss New Member

Thanks Received:
    All i can think of is THE WITCHER 2!!!

but its only on pc and THE GRAPHICS ARE AMAZING!
  24. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    PS2 emulators work fine

so far

Sengoku Basara
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms
    Kessen 1 + 2 and 3 all work flawlessly
    Metal Gear Solid 2 + 3
    Final Fantasy X
    Dark Cloud 1 + 2
    Shadow Hearts series theres 3 games there all top notch and the story is excellent.

I have all the above PS2 games they all run perfectly fine in PCSX2 without issue

PS1 games

Crono Cross sequal to Crono Trigger 1 of the best RPGs ever released
    Arc the Lad Collection was a massive 5 or 6 disc set for the PS1 of all games in the series up to that point

Xenogears an often overlooked gem of an RPG its on the PSN store id rank it in the top 10 RPGS of all time

Suikoden 1 and 2 offer regular turn based battles and actual war battles between units. with 108 characters all with there own story backdrop skills and abilities its one of the first RPGs to grace the PS1 and was a great game 2 was even better but often overlooked.

Ogre Battle 64 Person of lordly caliber N64 game has multiple endings multiple special characters unique character classes overall probably the deepest and longest RPG ever released on a nintendo console.

all you need to do is google the games to be honest. and emulators have come a decent ways, with the latest PS2 emulator offering good support
    BababooeyHTJ says thanks.
  25. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    When i last tried to play games with lastest psx2 emulator they just was unplayable about half a year ago. like DBZ, shenmue 2. Bt i heard that some games are working good on emu,just need to find proper rom. I have played MGS 1,2,3 on consoles back in days was a great challenging game.and FFX I like, because I like FF series except for MMO.
    If Xenogears is on psn will look for it if its released on EU psn(when psn will go back online). watched Crono Trigger 1 on youtube and must say game is what i was looking for because its my favorite style 2d map, walking around map waitin for encounter.Last game I played on such style was knights of xentar. thanks so much for all those good old games, will try to find em on torrents guess if its old will take a ime to download with not many seeders on it.