1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Recommend me a CPU Cooler!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by xXxBREAKERxXx, Mar 6, 2011.

1. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    i use a zelman 9900 and its fine. I got it on sale so it was well worth it.

2. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint

Thanks Received:
    Alrighty then thx for claryfying that 4 me, I mainly though you would live/come from within EU then gussed on Sweden becourse of teh prices u converted are like that here in Sweden more or less.

I also like hanging in English speaking forums...e.g HERE :cool:

Do u mind saying what your country of origin are as it were necessary to point out "But im not German" like being German is something foul, becourse of teh ol´German history of warfare/nazism? (It´s interesting about the fact that many people who are ashamed of what their ancestors did are also feeling guilty themselves on their behalf).

Well enough spoken.

See Ya

//Dog

3. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint

Thanks Received:
    I am thinking (now) more about teh future cooling systems as there are apparently lots of new solutions in production, like Corsair working w. CoolIT on a new product for monitoring your fans, so they might come up with some other stuff...but well all the technologies evolves on a daily basis ofc.

But yeah it seems like a neat solution you came up with, as they are all great coolers & whichever wins doesn´t really matter, as long you as the buyer are satisfied with your product based on the factor [Price v.s Performance/] + teh Looks & "Braggin´rights" & thats exacly what I personally beleive you will get with either of teh solutions you have on your mind. e.g...you WILL be a happy consumer ["Jedi Mind-Trick"].:twitch::wtf::D

Long live teh makers of "HQ Cooling Solutions".:toast:

I ramble t00 much I know;)

//Dog

4. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint

Thanks Received:
    As long as you are satisfied then :toast:

I have used a load of Zalman Fans CPU/GPU over a decade & they have served me well.

However when teh need for speed got me h00ked in full, I went for a Sunbeamtech Tuniq Tower 120 that held my E6550 @ 3,34GHz superchilled I were trhilled to say teh least.

So I were in teh "the bigger C00ler the better C00ler wins" for a long time & still to some extent are.

But now after getting my feet wet as to speak, with closed water-cooling solutions coupled w. high performance rated fans, then I am stoked & gloriously happy.:rockout:

So we wait and every now and then get some glimps of what teh future holds in it´s ehh claws for us & then gets materialised.:twitch::roll:

Ill better sew me a skirt instead of being on TPU now.:laugh:

//Dog

5. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    The NH-C14 out performs the D.
    The D14 losses. The C14 wins. The thing is a beast. I think it is the most efficient cooler you can get right now. Check out the reviews. :toast:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  6. xXxBREAKERxXx New Member

Thanks Received:
    The point of "Im not a German"becouse i hardly speak their Language (very hard for me).
    History is a History, don't care much about old things.
    Im a Bulgarian anyway :)

Dogshitjoint says thanks.
  7. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    please learn the art of the multi-quote button, triple posting is not something we like to see;)

Cold Storm and Dogshitjoint say thanks.
  8. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint

Thanks Received:
    C00l m8

Yeah I believe u, I mean "Raus,Shnell,Schweine" + counting to 10 is about all I manage to speak/write + some more but not many in Deutsh :)

English seems to have been given naturally to me already when I were a toddler so maybe the same for u?.

Sure I see your point of view about history and old stuff, so I will not bug ya anymore with such matters. (It´s also offtopic)

I have had a friend + his family who came from Hungary...off-topic again:/

Well I´ll take my leave now & see ya around m8.

//Dog

9. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint

Thanks Received:
    OK I understand sneeky...I´ll try to remember that (but I´can be a bit slow;))

Should I consider this as an official warning? as I honestly haven´t read teh forum rules:eek::ohwell:

Edit: I am almost on my way to do it again, Ill leave this thread out of fear for not obeying you m8.

//Dog

10. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I hate to sound like a broken record in threads like this but i love my Corsair A70! Very low temps on a 4ghz i7 920

[​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. cyriene

cyriene New Member

Thanks Received:
    For air cooling I like my Noctua NH-U12P better than my megahelams, or some of the other cheaper heat pipe coolers I have tired. Noctua fans are quiet and work very well. Good temps on and i7 920 at 4GHz.

12. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's a friendly reminder of forum etiquette. It's a "rule" that everyone follows and we ask you to do the same. :toast:

Thanks.

Dogshitjoint and sneekypeet say thanks.
  13. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd recommend the Venomous-X. I've owned the TRUE, Megahalems and several others, and it's the best air cooler I've ever used, without question...and the only thing that MAY beat it is the D-14 which is far larger.

HammerON and random say thanks.
  14. xXxBREAKERxXx New Member

Thanks Received:
  15. xXxBREAKERxXx New Member

Thanks Received:
    4 days Left before buying something. Please need more info. In test that i google* every manufacturer beats another one.
    Just curious will Noctua with GT AP-29 beat H70 with same Fans ? Any idea ?

16. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint

Thanks Received:
    @ erocker: Yeah I figured that out myself a while ago, but I will follow the etiquette & learn myself to do Multi-Quotes (I haven´t been on a forum with that function until I registered here, other forums have had much less options) cheers back @ you.

@ brandonwh64: I understand that u find those temps cool (I have no exp. with the iCore CPUs), but have you tried IntelBurnTest 2.5 @ Max Stress, as it made my Prime Blendtest stable OC going down the drain, pushing temps way more than Prime, as it uses Linpack64 & also with custom setting w. a small amount of ram lets say 32MB, it tests for instability in L2 Cache NB etc. with small FTT´s. Do both tests! + it also takes lesser time than Prime to complete, just a friendly advice that I´d recommend to everyone.

Laterz

//Dog

17. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint

Thanks Received:
    Soo which cooler did u get xXxBREAKERxXx? or are u still figuring/working on it?

//Dog

18. bokou

bokou New Member

Thanks Received:
    had a Thermaltake V1 and just got myself a Noctua NH-D14. Aside from it being more difficult to put in than a snap-on cooler, the thing is a freaking BEAST!! Had the fans off last night painting them black (because let's face it... the brown color scheme doesn't go with ANYTHING) and the thing was STILL cooler without fans than my Thermaltake was. Just throwing that opinion into the mix

19. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I beleive ya bokou, the Noctua c00ler is great according to most tests/reviews/users (much like the Tuniq Tower 120 I had before to my E6550).
    + I puke at those brown/beige colours, so how do the end result look (the fans)? Maybe u have a pic.? It would be:pimp:

//Dog

20. Trigger911

Trigger911 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like the venomous

21. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint

Thanks Received:
    I haven´t read about teh venomous, so I will do a note about it!

Man I do wonder what c00ler xXxBREAKERxXx have decided on (maybe he is putting us on hold before posting)?

/Dog

22. Trigger911

Trigger911 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea i got a true rev c but I have tried the cooler on my system .... it works great and its very purdy

23. xXxBREAKERxXx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Still thinking.. Becouse Video Card is not Oredered Yet (stupid shops don't have anything what i want).

24. Dogshitjoint

Dogshitjoint

Thanks Received:
    Well as Its better to wait & get some quality stuff, so you are doing right with "chillaxing"

Thx for letting me/us now...

:toast: m8

//Dog

25. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:

I actually ran IBT 2.5 two weeks ago on max mem and 8 threads and still had the same temps. i really love this cooler. if you need a screen shot let me know i will rerun for ya :)

*EDIT* here is a test i have done a while back

[​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU