• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Record Breaker

Anarion

Processor amd HAMMER SERIES 62% oc
Motherboard epox 8NPAJ
Cooling Active, Noisy , air
Memory gSKILL 2gb
Video Card(s) 2900 xt 1g
Storage diamondmax+
Display(s) 215TW HDCP 95%+! color accuracy
Case aluminium sHOW CASE BP
Audio Device(s) Behringer dj pro hpx4000
Power Supply acBel Ai iS
Software xp pro sp2
DanTheBanjoman said:
It means you will need an MP or MPX board, they're dual socket A boards. Then again those chipsets are pretty crappy. They're one of the reasons the Opterons have/had (in case anyone plans to start a discussion about their share) problems taking market share, they gave AMD a bad name in the server/workstation market.

maybe, but they were price breaker...

turbopsi

AMDCam said:
Okay, for right now I'll believe you until I find my friend's e-mail he sent. I mean I even remember screenshots for it. But you know guys, other people would give up trying from what you say, I mean you make yourself sound so sure when you say "there's no way to do it". Like I said, I believe you for now but if I really do find the walkthrough that guy sent me, and it IS a multiplier unlock, that's not the greatest thing to say.

Funny how all the other overclockers on the web can't seem to do it. I've did countless hours of research on this subject.

I'd like to see you unlock it, I'll bet 5bucks you can't. It's superlocked.

I'd also like to see you hit 2.8ghz with that 3200+.

AMDCam

Processor AMD Opteron 148 at (hope) 3.0ghz
Motherboard MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum with Nforce 3 Ultra
Cooling XP-90C (CPU), A400 (Graphics), 8 case fans, 92mm Tornado
Memory 2gb OCZ Gold DDR500 dual-channel
Video Card(s) Leadtek 6800GT near UEE speed (448core/1.18memory)
Storage 2x 80gb WD 7,200rpm 8mb cache Caviar SATA 150 in RAID 0
Display(s) (2 soon) Samsung Syncmaster 172N 17" LCD
Case Atrix black case with A LOT of mods
Audio Device(s) Motherboard
Power Supply Aspire 520w tri-fan blue LEDs
Software Windows XP Home, Office 2003 Professional Edition
Dang man, I guess a guy can't dream on this site anymore. It's always a possibility you can hit 2.8ghz with the unlocked clock. Plus, if you weren't all down about it, I'd take you seriously with your research, I mean if you've done it then I should believe you, which I do, but no need to be depressing about it. What if I get phase-change cooling in there or something? Everything is possible, no need to be a downer.

turbopsi

Not trying to be a downer man, just trying to be realistic. BTW, I think you mean unlocked multiplier, not clock.

I have seen people hit over 3ghz with chilled air or phase, you don't even need to unlock it for that.

AMDCam

Well yeah I do mean multiplier, clock is just easier to say. Oh yeah, does anyone know if it might be a good idea to REFRIDGERATE your computer? Not freeze, because condensation would happen from being frozen, and I couldn't take it out once it was in there (or else it would turn from ice to water everywhere around the components), and the fans would stop running. But refridgerating at a considerably warmer temperature, none of those drawbacks would be there. The only downside I can think of is- it's not pretty (you can't see the case in the fridge) and the wires would hang down off the door since I couldn't really make holes. But I'm also thinking, since a computer's speed fluctuates, hopefully the fridge could keep up cooling it, but I don't think the fridge would get hurt, right? Just it wouldn't be as cold as a normal fridge because the computer would suck it out in pretty quick. So practical idea? Try not to be depressing, thank you

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
AMDCam said:
Dang man, I guess a guy can't dream on this site anymore. It's always a possibility you can hit 2.8ghz with the unlocked clock. Plus, if you weren't all down about it, I'd take you seriously with your research, I mean if you've done it then I should believe you, which I do, but no need to be depressing about it. What if I get phase-change cooling in there or something? Everything is possible, no need to be a downer.

theres a big difference between dreaming, and spreading rumors about a way to do something that has been proved by many many EXTREMELY knowledgable, PROVED, to be impossible. (I have done 3ghz on a mobile(air cooling)... im no noob to this stuff..

Its the same with Athlon 64's. Even moreso impossible, actually. If you would like a detailed explination, i would be glad to PM it to you. I know a lot about this subject.. several school projects on the stuff... ;)

AMDCam said:
Well yeah I do mean multiplier, clock is just easier to say. Oh yeah, does anyone know if it might be a good idea to REFRIDGERATE your computer? Not freeze, because condensation would happen from being frozen, and I couldn't take it out once it was in there (or else it would turn from ice to water everywhere around the components), and the fans would stop running. But refridgerating at a considerably warmer temperature, none of those drawbacks would be there. The only downside I can think of is- it's not pretty (you can't see the case in the fridge) and the wires would hang down off the door since I couldn't really make holes. But I'm also thinking, since a computer's speed fluctuates, hopefully the fridge could keep up cooling it, but I don't think the fridge would get hurt, right? Just it wouldn't be as cold as a normal fridge because the computer would suck it out in pretty quick. So practical idea? Try not to be depressing, thank you

Using a fridge (i have done it) is a very very bad way to do things, for several reasons- fridges arent made to handle a 1000w/HR load, rather a 1000w load over 12+ hours.

A computer continiously created heat, unlike pop, which sits and gets colder constantly.

The condensor of the fridge, which is in the back, and is designed to be passive. Using a large fan, and most likely you would need to use a special, much larger condensor, it could very well be done, but if your going to do that, might aswell just make the whole phase system, and save yourself some peace of mine along with betting much colder temperatures.

Along with condensation from opening the door... if you store food and stuff ;)

AMDCam

Well okay, so a big fan blowing into the condensor will work? I'm just saying, $700-$1000 for phase-change is not in my pricerange, but at wal-mart I can get a $100 fridge and mess with it. How could I find a bigger condensor?

And yes, I would love a private message to see how you ran an air-cooled Mobile at 3ghz, and what I could do with an Athlon 64 when I finally got one. And your use of words (spreading rumors) is definitely not what I was doing, I was just saying that I knew of a guy who sent me a link to a way to unlock a Barton XP multiplier. Until I find it I'll keep my mouth shut, but I'm not spreading rumors.

Velocity

Processor Amd X2 5200
Motherboard DFI Lanparty UT
Cooling Antec Heat Pipe Cooler
Memory 2gb Kingston Hyperx
Video Card(s) BFG Tech 8800gtx (768mb)
Storage 1 80g raptor, 1 250g western digital, 2 80g maxtor diamond plus
Display(s) Starlogic 19inch crt, and generic 17inch crt
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5 (Blue)
Audio Device(s) Onboard FTW
Power Supply Antec Neopower
Software XP Pro
a fridge definatly is not the way to go lol... the main reason is that it will eventualy condense water on the parts. (which is bad) and rack up your powerbill enough to make phasechange a whorthwile purchase.

but if you have the money for it a (and dont care about buying a new mobo/cpu you could try getting a custom made cpu block that lets you put liquid nitro in it (now this is an extremety that not many people can afford (i have done it before with a p4 and got it to 4.6ghz before it crashed) but its spendy and dont plan on using the parts again...

Also you could have a custom hsf made out of copper ( i custom made one for a p3... its not that hard nor expensive)

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
Last edited:
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910

AMDCam

dippy, why don't you send in the record you got?

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
Dippyskoodlez said:
Ive got a cpu-z for 2923mhz, and a bios of 3ghz.. ;) back when 1.27 was latest, it was verified :)

I hold #2, but havent sent it in... 3016 is #1.. (#2 is now 2923mhz )
Your sig shows Athlon 64...

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
AMDCam said:
dippy, why don't you send in the record you got?

atually, I had never thought of that.. I havent stumbled upon the page that had the records(again), but the page was in japanese, and i barely speak french/spanish.. not japanese.. :laugh:

if anyone knows of the e-mail address, id gladly send it in :)

The record for extreme cooling of an Athlon XP is somewhere around 3616mhz. Memesama got that using I think a desktop 3200+ barton.

3016mhz I know is the air cooled record.. but most definatly not extreme cooling.

wazzledoozle said:
Your sig shows Athlon 64...

I did this back.. around december/january when I was using an Abit NF7-S, and my trusty 2600+M.

0352 RPMW I think it was. There have been numerous records set by this exact stepping.. most notable being 1M superpi by S*A*E over at dfi-street at around 3.2ghz I think. Phase change cooling.

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
AMDCam said:
Well okay, so a big fan blowing into the condensor will work? I'm just saying, $700-$1000 for phase-change is not in my pricerange, but at wal-mart I can get a $100 fridge and mess with it. How could I find a bigger condensor?

And yes, I would love a private message to see how you ran an air-cooled Mobile at 3ghz, and what I could do with an Athlon 64 when I finally got one. And your use of words (spreading rumors) is definitely not what I was doing, I was just saying that I knew of a guy who sent me a link to a way to unlock a Barton XP multiplier. Until I find it I'll keep my mouth shut, but I'm not spreading rumors.

How I did it, was....

I was sitting in my room one cold wintery night.. and happen to look at the temperature.. -7F... im sitting there thinking.. damn... I wish I had a prommie or something so I could have temps like that with thus cpu that was doing 2700mhz inside using my SLK-947U+tornado combo.

Then I had the bright idea to take the sucker outside :D

We had almost 3 feet of snow.. but I took it out to the garage, carrying everything myself at 10:00 at night, and standing outside for an hour and a half freezing my arse off trying to get this sucker to do well.. booted at 2700mhz easy, 2800.... then 2900... tried to keep going, but 3ghz wouldnt boot either because of temps being to high (which I think it was), or my antec 350w not being able to handle the load. I did manage to grab the camera and snap a few shots of the monitor displaying 3ghz. 2923 was best I could get windows at.. and my onboard sensor was saying my cpu was at around 43C.. at 1.9v :eek: I ended up trying 1.9 all the way to 2.3v and yielded no success, but the thing im most proud of, is it doing 2800mhz at 1.85v :respect: Once I get a phase change unit finished, I plan on getting that CPU back and building a socket A system, just for the heck of it.. :)

As for your condensor problem, you must first understand how phase change works. It compresses a *gas* to raise and lower the boiling points, and thus making one end freezing cold while the other gets hot.

The problem with just "finding a bigger condensor" is that you would have to vaccuum the gasses (most likely R134a in a fridge) out, cut off the already built in condensor, and then braze in the new one, and leak testing the system.

After that, you will have to deal with cooling the condensor, which is simple enough, but also the compressor size.

If its a small minifridge like the one I was using it will probably be something around 1/8hp, which is about right for R134a and the tamer gasses.

But its not nearly cold enough to justify the hassle of brazing a new condensor into the unit and regassing it with a system that will most likely not even yield sub zero temperatures while loaded with an athlon 64 system, letalone a preshott.

This brings up the two much more rewarding solutions- a water chiller and a standard phase change.

Standard phase change can be had for ~$600 from chilly1 over at XS and will perform extremely well, and just leave vapochills in the dust :)

The second option, which would be much more justifiable in buying and/or finding the stuff necessary to do a condensor swap, would be a chiller. Its just making a copper coil in place of the evaporator, and sticking it in a resevoir for water cooling. This way, 40C liquid can be achieved (requires a hefty mix of antifreeze/denatured alcohol to keep h2o from freezing up tho, but at those temperatures, it doesnt matter as much).

The work needed to convert a fridge is just overhwhelming compared to the alternative solutions, and rewards from those. :)

The temperature inside my minifridge while running my AXP at ~2ghz passivly cooled, at 1.3v was around 13C. definatly not very cold.

AMDCam

Well damn, that explained a lot, seriously. It's a wonder how colder environmental air (like 10F in a bedroom) can affect overclocking so much. But okay, for christmas I might get one of these things. Do you mean -40C water? That is crazy, crazy, crazy, plus it's simple and fixable because I probably couldn't repair a phase-change system. How much would a water chiller cost? Thanks man, you may have catapulted my Barton 3200+ into a new world of speed (3.6ghz?!?!?! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!). I was wondering about that though, with water and phase-change you can add connectors to the GPU, RAM, GPU RAM, North Bridge and South Bridge too right (although I have no idea why I've never seen any record-breaking extreme overclocked GPU's)? Plus, according to 3dmark 03 (hardware analyzations) there's a ceiling of 3ghz on the 3200+, but I don't know why it would have one. And did he have an unlocked multiplier, because I don't have one. Thanks dude.

And before I do that, do you guys know of portable air conditioners? I hear wal-mart sells them in the summer, but I can't find them anywhere. That might help performance if I just let it blow into my case. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
System Name Onus
Processor E8500 @ 3.95ghz ~1.25v
Motherboard ASUS P5E Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Orochi cpu, 5x 120mm Zalman red LED case fans, stock GPU coolers
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G.Skill PC8000 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) 2x ASUS 3870x2s
Storage 4x160gb RAID 0 Main, 2x 500gb RAID 0 media storage.
Display(s) LG W2600H
Case Lian Li PC-A70B, painted black and other modded aspects :)
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker. Klipsch RF-3II fronts, Yamaha NS-A222 rears, Klipsch RC-3II center, Klipsch SUB12
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64, lots of games, photoshop n stuff.
AMDCam said:
(although I have no idea why I've never seen any record-breaking extreme overclocked GPU's)
Ever hear of a guy named ViperJohn?

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
AMDCam said:
Well damn, that explained a lot, seriously. It's a wonder how colder environmental air (like 10F in a bedroom) can affect overclocking so much. But okay, for christmas I might get one of these things. Do you mean -40C water? That is crazy, crazy, crazy, plus it's simple and fixable because I probably couldn't repair a phase-change system. How much would a water chiller cost? Thanks man, you may have catapulted my Barton 3200+ into a new world of speed (3.6ghz?!?!?! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!). I was wondering about that though, with water and phase-change you can add connectors to the GPU, RAM, GPU RAM, North Bridge and South Bridge too right (although I have no idea why I've never seen any record-breaking extreme overclocked GPU's)? Plus, according to 3dmark 03 (hardware analyzations) there's a ceiling of 3ghz on the 3200+, but I don't know why it would have one. And did he have an unlocked multiplier, because I don't have one. Thanks dude.

And before I do that, do you guys know of portable air conditioners? I hear wal-mart sells them in the summer, but I can't find them anywhere. That might help performance if I just let it blow into my case. Thanks guys.

3.6ghz on an extreme cooled AXP (ln2 it was) takes not only a lot of skill, but also a very good CPU to begin with.

My 2600+M would do 2.8ghz suicide easy on air, which results in high operating temps overall. As long as that CPU follows the fact that the laws of physics says, and how most CPUs responded to cold at that time, I'm very confident a cascade would throw that thing above the record.

However, do not expect 3.6ghz, or even 3ghz using a phase change, unless your doing atleast 2.5 already with a fairly moderate voltage as it is.

Cold helps electricity flow better :)

That "3ghz ceiling" on 3dmark is just a default thing said by all programs.. its not any indication of any sort. Theres no way you can actually limit a clockspeed when it is independently controlled, aside from its physical capabilitys. :) This is why overclocking is so widespread.

Yes, possibly -40C water, properly tuned, etc, but a water chiller is just a phase change system dunked into a resevoir of water instead of directly onto the cpu.

Either way, its possible to cool everything, just with direct die phase change, a single head performs best, and dual is possible. More is probably possible, but im betting it would end up very ineffective.

If you want information on buying a phase change, or waterchiller, look for Chilly1 over at xtremesystems.org. He is a god. ;) $500+$70 shipping+ controller price for a regular ohase change. I'm not a master of phase building yet, just mastering the concept still, but I dunno what the controller costs.. ;)

AMDCam

I am doing around 2.5ghz (2420mhz stable, about 36 mhz higher stable but I don't usually do that, and about 2.5ghz max), so I think it might not be a problem. But I would think from ambient temperatures of about 65F in an average room, to about 40F A/C and an overclock that's pretty nice with just air, to a full-powered, constant -40C temperature powered from a machine, you would think that about 100F change would do plenty to overclock, but really if I can't hit 3ghz with a 3200+ with a phase change, and I can hit 2.5ghz with just air, how does that work? I would think I could get like 4ghz out of phase change, wierd. ViperJohn is awesome though, but he isn't doing unbelievable overclocks, I mean yeah a couple 100mhz higher than an average overclock is great, but people push processors to 4ghz from 2ghz, or 3.2ghz to 7.4ghz, so why isn't anyone doing that with a graphics card? I mean think, a 9800 Pro that can outperform an X800 series would be AWESOME. or a 7800gtx that doubles performance with it's clockrates (and has plenty of potential with the 24 pipes and large bus bandwidths). That's what I wanna see, or preferably do.

Last edited:
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
AMDCam said:
I am doing around 2.5ghz (2420mhz stable, about 36 mhz higher stable but I don't usually do that, and about 2.5ghz max), so I think it might not be a problem. But I would think from ambient temperatures of about 65F in an average room, to about 40F A/C and an overclock that's pretty nice with just air, to a full-powered, constant -40C temperature powered from a machine, you would think that about 100F change would do plenty to overclock, but really if I can't hit 3ghz with a 3200+ with a phase change, and I can hit 2.5ghz with just air, how does that work? I would think I could get like 4ghz out of phase change, wierd. ViperJohn is awesome though, but he isn't doing unbelievable overclocks, I mean yeah a couple 100mhz higher than an average overclock is great, but people push processors to 4ghz from 2ghz, or 3.2ghz to 7.4ghz, so why isn't anyone doing that with a graphics card? I mean think, a 9800 Pro that can outperform an X800 series would be AWESOME. or a 7800gtx that doubles performance with it's clockrates (and has plenty of potential with the 24 pipes and large bus bandwidths). That's what I wanna see, or preferably do.

It doesnt work, because the CPU's are at the edge of its limitations, and it does not scale linearly.

You may be doing an easy 2.5ghz, but at what voltage? Temperature greatly helps the overclocking, but it will not scale consistantly with voltage. .15 of a voltage bump from a stock mobile may gain 500mhz when going from 2000 to 2500, but from 1.65 to 1.8 wont net you 500mhz again
;)

if your doing 2.5ghz at ~1.7v, Id say ~3ghz tops using a good phase change system. :)

In doing the math for power usage when it begins to hit those speeds, it tends to make much larger jumps as you go faster. it may take .1v for 250mhz at some point, then .1more for 150mhz, etc, until you hit ~2.3ghz where the CPU just cannot handle anymore and the voltages causes it to fry.

turbopsi

Dippyskoodlez said:
It doesnt work, because the CPU's are at the edge of its limitations, and it does not scale linearly.

You may be doing an easy 2.5ghz, but at what voltage? Temperature greatly helps the overclocking, but it will not scale consistantly with voltage. .15 of a voltage bump from a stock mobile may gain 500mhz when going from 2000 to 2500, but from 1.65 to 1.8 wont net you 500mhz again
;)

if your doing 2.5ghz at ~1.7v, Id say ~3ghz tops using a good phase change system. :)

In doing the math for power usage when it begins to hit those speeds, it tends to make much larger jumps as you go faster. it may take .1v for 250mhz at some point, then .1more for 150mhz, etc, until you hit ~2.3ghz where the CPU just cannot handle anymore and the voltages causes it to fry.

I dunno bro, it depends on the cpu. I've seen 3.1ghz on an XP cpu on just chilled air(inside of a freezer).

3ghz is very possible, even 3.5 or so on phase, I doubt it would go any further though.

AMDCam

Turbo, in a freezer?!?! I was just asking about that! Awesome, freakin awesome. What kind of freezer though? I'd say it's definitely possible because with about every degree change in my room I get about 1mhz out of the fsb (with is 2 with DDR and 11 CPU with the 11x multiplier), so a freezer dropping it about 20F lower I would think might get me at least 2.6ghz, maybe even 2.7ghz. But what about the graphics card thing? Could I hook up some caps to the gpu core and ram? Dang, I'm thinking that either some freezer idea or chilled water I'm gonna go with (if it's cheaper than phase-change but still gives a great overclock), I mean according to UAMD the processor would be about a 650 or more mhz fsb and if it was a model it would be about a 7500+ with 3.6ghz lol. I mean obviously, it's far from practical but it's awesome to think about. And so far, I've had great luck with my 3200+, I mean according to a lot of people that have the 3200+, I've got one from a good batch, so above 3ghz might be possible with phase-change, especially if someone hit 3.1ghz on air (I know it's chilled, but still, the air isn't making direct contact on the core, and a normal freezer doesn't hit -40C, unless it's one of those subzero freezers.

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
turbopsi said:
I dunno bro, it depends on the cpu. I've seen 3.1ghz on an XP cpu on just chilled air(inside of a freezer).

3ghz is very possible, even 3.5 or so on phase, I doubt it would go any further though.

your assuming what voltage? -40C wont magically make your cpu a god.

Id say 2.5ghz at around 1.65Vcore would net a 3ghz phase changed chip...

ofcourse, im talking a 2.0vcore stable 3ghz, not a useless suicide run to get 3ghz...

Ive seen how the amperage goes from 30 to 60+ on an axp and 3ghz is one of the major walls, and 2800mhz is too. the scaling of the archirtecture just falls apart at 2.5ghz and beyond, thats why it was so hard to breach it.

turbopsi

AMDCam said:
Turbo, in a freezer?!?!

Yeah, it was on another forum, but it's not a practical thing to do. You will burn up your freezer doing it for prolonged amounts of time. Also, condensation will probably occur.

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
turbopsi said:
Yeah, it was on another forum, but it's not a practical thing to do. You will burn up your freezer doing it for prolonged amounts of time. Also, condensation will probably occur.

yeah, exactly what I explained earlier too ;)

AMDCam

I Know dippy, I know what you explained but I just never heard of anyone trying it in a freezer. I've got 2.5ghz with a 1.7v vcore, and what do you mean scaling of the architecture falls apart? Well I think I'm gonna go try some water, it's cheaper and easily upgradable and repairable compared to Phase-change. I mean even at 3ghz, an 800mhz increase is nothing to be ashamed about, I mean that's about a 30% speed increase, and at the possible 3.6ghz that's about a 60% increase, which is awesome because the 3200+ doesn't perform bad in the first place, plus with how much AMD's perform better with lower clockrates it should increase performance even more. I mean 300mhz, about 10% increase, is cool (what I got), but it'd be sweet to run an old XP quicker than any new processor around.