1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Recreating the Legendary Commodore 64

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Techtu, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Techtu

Techtu

Thanks Received:
    So... I don't know if I'm allowed to post threads like this.. but I guess I'll find out one way or another... hopefully you all just find it just as cool and amazing as I did despite it being over priced :D

The link to the retro gaming console.

2. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Techtu says thanks.
  3. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    its an atom computer in a case that looks like a C64. and to be honest the hardware is probably overkill for the apps you'd want to run on it. that and for the price they don't even install the OS for you :shadedshu

however it is a nice idea and it is very portable to take with you to show it to your friends or w/e. It'd be great for general use as well and would make a nice little HTPC too I guess.

and for the price you'd think they'd have a better site... but i'm just being picky on that note.

and yea i thought i saw that before lol. at least we know nothings changed, except price

4. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I'd say get just the case and be done with it. Both the atom and i7 configs are pretty expensive.

EDIT: The Vic Slim looks sexy.