1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

red fans.

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by cookiemonster, Mar 22, 2014.

1. cookiemonster

Thanks Received:
    Hi I have just finished moving my stuff from my old NZXT Lexa S to my new NZXT Phantom 410 Black Orange Special Edition and I am very pleased with my new case lots more room, but I like a bit of colour ( red)so I will be changing the fans to red ones I have used Coolermaster before but I have heard Corsair are not as noisy any preferences out there.

2. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    I've only used CM for red/blue fans before and while, they are cheap, they break quickly. Looking at your case, would you want orange fans> I'm using cougar's atm and love them.

[​IMG]

cookiemonster says thanks.
  3. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    Agreeing with above post, Cougars are really nice! About as much airflow as possible with a quiet fan.

4. cookiemonster

Thanks Received:
    It's a fan I haven't heard much of in the UK but the only thing I don't like is the colour, sorry

5. Bansaku

Bansaku

Thanks Received:
    Check out Enermax, they are quiet, durable, and come in all sorts of LED varieties and fan blade types.

6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Rosewill do red ones but there not as good.. Although they are cheap and last forever and the last ones i got were able to take them apart and clean them :p.

7. cookiemonster

Thanks Received:
    Hi thanks for all your advice and help it was much appreciated but I think I will stick to Corsair as it is a make I have used in the past and been happy with, but I have learned a few more names to watch out for in the future. regards

8. cookiemonster

Thanks Received:
    1x.jpg 2x.jpg

Vario says thanks.
  9. Bansaku

Bansaku

Thanks Received:
    Can't go wrong with Corsair. I have 4x SP120, 2x AF120 white LED, 2x AF140, and 2x AF140 white LED in my C70 case. Honestly the quietest and most efficient fans I have ever used in a system build.

10. cookiemonster

Thanks Received:
    Hi I am back, red fans look really good but there is only one thing spoiling it the fan on the
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler, can I put a red fan on the cooler or do I need a special fan as I noticed it has 4 wires coming from it and the red fans I got have only three.

11. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes you can, just buy a Corsair PWM fan (these have 4 pins like the stock CPU cooler fan).
    They come with interchangable rings, one of which is red. Alternatively, you could buy another red LED corsair fan and plug it into the same place as your stock cooler fan, you just wont have PWM control. Not a big deal IMO.

12. cookiemonster

Thanks Received:
    Hi I tried the corsair fan but I need to get some of the little anti vibration pads as the fan was to loose and I can't use the ones of the original fan as two of them are missing, I will have a look on google for the fans and the pads.