1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Refrigerated PC Construction

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by KH0UJ, Jun 6, 2009.

1. KH0UJ

KH0UJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I installed an external Power button Switch to power ON/OFF the PC so that I dont always open the plexi glass door, to minimize the dust particles entering my ANTIQUE PC :laugh:

My mini A/C remote control, powers up my mini cooler and background lights wirelessly

here is a pic at the back of my evaporator (5W flourescent Lights):ohwell:
  2. KH0UJ

KH0UJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here`s the inside view of the external case ived made :eek: my hand`s chilling
    lights on and lights off, this is the final view of my pass time hobby:laugh:
    MKmods says thanks.
  3. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I must say this was brilliant. You did a great job :toast:
  4. KH0UJ

KH0UJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    now im confused with the CPU temps. where do we base our CPU temps.? there are 3 CPU temps on the hardware monitor software, CPU TIN? or core temps?:confused:
  5. KH0UJ

KH0UJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if i can bro but im afraid of the condensation frying my motherboard:cry:
    I think im gonna try it soon but not on this build, ive got a P4 back-up over here, maybe ill give it a try :laugh: the problem is its a gateway motherboard, I have no option to overclock it, it can only run on stock speeds all the time:ohwell:
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  6. KH0UJ

KH0UJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    NO its just one of the ways to waste power bill :laugh: no just kidding dude, honestly i dont want my monitor and my PC to be contaminated with dust nor gets hotter to prolong its life,
    i cant afford another set-up like this if this one fails sooner:( although its already obsolete to you guys but for me its still a lot :(<<<money a bit tight
  7. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:

I think the high GPU and HDD temps are coursed by less air movement.. As it looks like you have loads near the CPU but not the GPU or HDD. And i mean high as you would think they be much lower.. So just pass a lot of air past them as that will freshen the air around them more often which makes me think it will cool them much better.

Any chance you can fit like a 80mm under the v card blowing outword though the slots at the back of the case ?. Thinking that would help to keep the cooler well cooler.

And more in take on the bottom of the case too.

Which i think also explains this GPU Board 22C>>>29C as the fans there above with CPU and case fan cooling it as it has more air flow.

Very nice work well done :cool:.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  8. KH0UJ

KH0UJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ived tested it with a powerful 110VAC 4X4 blower fan, but still the GPU temp. will not go down, I touched the side heatsink of the GPU :eek: its chilled already, I bought it used though, any chance that this one had a busted sensor? or maybe ill relapped it again with a new thermal paste? im not really sure on the history of this GPU, i bought it cheap cause its been used already:(
  9. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Could not say but personally i've never had or actually heard of a GPU having a broken sensor although i bet if i did a yahoo \ google search i'd find some lol.

Did you try putting the GPU fan on max just to see if it goes any lower ?.
  10. Dippyskoodlez New Member

Thanks Received:
    If it has been lapped, its possible it has been done incorrectly, or if it hasn't, could be making very poor thermal contact.
  11. steelkane

steelkane New Member

Thanks Received:
    Strange & Creative,, I like this project.
  12. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    I am really impressed by the soldering of the wires on the back of the PCB.. I know this guy that does that (lol) and he has been waiting a long tome to see others successfully do it as well:rockout::rockout::rockout:

That was a fun read, may the Modding Force be with you:respect:
  13. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: it was about time Mark.
  14. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    I was going over the picts and noticed there needs to be a better escape for the warm case air to exit.
    Take a look at the very restrictive exhaust case fan (those perferations look like they restrict most of the 120mm fans flow.

Also I cant see the bottom where the GPU is supposed to exhaust but if its also restrictive opening it up would help a lot to remove warm air inside the case.

This is a bit extreme but here is what I like to see for a back panel
    [​IMG]
    KH0UJ says thanks.
  15. KH0UJ

KH0UJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    CPU Temp. Question

[​IMG]

Here`s what i dont understand, where do we see the actual CPU reading? is it in the core temp? or the cpu temp?, in the BIOS my CPU temp is equal to the CPUTIN on the temperature monitoring software, and there is also 2 core temps:confused:
  16. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    I think the core temp is more accurate. the CPUINT temp is just ambient temp on the CPU. But I think the core temp is more accurate, just me though, I dont know.
    KH0UJ says thanks.
  17. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    that is pretty awesome. where did you get the AC parts and where did you pick up the chips? edit: btw, im guessing it gets pretty hot where you live which is why you built this to begin with.
  18. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Going subzero with the hole machine going subzero will give you no problems. It's just when you are cooing one part subzero with everything else being a different temperature is when you have issues.

You have two temps on your cpu because you have two cores.

The only flaw that I really see, and would bug me is your monitor. I would of slammed it next to the window, and then cut out the screen size for it. Then connect it a way that it would stay sealed(no dust coming in) but having the screen out side for a better view/not having the issue of it clouding up like you said you are having.
  19. KH0UJ

KH0UJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im currently employed here in Saipan as a car A/C tech. in thier local refrigeration shop, my mind keeps bugging me "what a waste" because we have plenty of home A/C`s and refrigerators here that the bodies are all rusty but the refrigeration systems are still perfect, and the customers are not claiming it anymore because its not usable for them, so I started scavenging all the parts that I needed before my employer ship it to the recycling area:laugh: and you got it right bro:ohwell:its kinda hot and salty over here, I got the CPU chips on the local computer store over here ($109 kind of overpriced but online its only $60+ but the vendor said its very hard to ship here, even newegg doesnt ship over here that`s why im forced to buy locally:shadedshu)

:laugh: that`s what happens bro specially if I set my thermostat to 0 C my breath tends to condensate on the front plexi:wtf: but right now I just set it to 15 C to avoid the clouding but I dont know why my core temps are on -5 C to -2 C even my case temp is only 15 C, unless AMD put a mini peltier inside the CPU chip:confused:
  20. KH0UJ

KH0UJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think im gonna do the thing youve done on the back of your case bro:twitch:
  21. steelkane

steelkane New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good to see you using your skills from work, to enjoy your hobby at home,, great job
  22. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
  23. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU