1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Reinstall on Sony Vaio Laptop

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Pitchblack1110, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Pitchblack1110 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, i have a sony Vaio laptop that is only 2 years old. Just recently it crashed. It was still under warranty so we sent it in and got a brand new hard drive. We also recieved the windows reinstall disk, though it was XP professional instead of XP home. So when you insert the disk it says wrong xp version (in more words).

Well i have the OEM windows XP disk and so i though id pop it in and install it that way. But for some reason it keeps shutting down during the load of the disk. (as in a get the blue screen with windows setup at the top and it starts loading files, then when its done and should go on to selecting what i want to do, it just shuts down)

I called sony and they said they have a security feature installed so you cant use any disk but theirs, AND they are not willing to send us the correct reinstall disk....

Does anyone out there know how i might get past this? Or have any suggestions as to what i should do?

Thanks