1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Remember long ago when i said i won't bother with win8?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by RuskiSnajper, Feb 7, 2012.

1. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/25859-microsoft-kills-the-start-button

That title stands true to this day. RE-Affirmed.

It will be another "vista" ... on PCs that's for sure.

Actually lot more interested in ... soon to be renamed WiiU ... than the next windows OS.:cool:

and take the whole OP post as a big IMO, and not any big prediction ... but im not analyzing in detail all the news and the web what'll happen, just because there's a little bit of i don't care, sorry but that's my opinion from what i seen.

The news is one big WTF ... and im not even interested hacking the registery to re-enable , i had HEADACHES tweaking the win7 registery over the time to re-enable stuff that worked easly in vista such as "full row select". Maybe if so i might use win8 for testing and reporting solutions and tweaks for other users, i don't think win8 will provide any super-big code enhancements for gaming ... could be faster but is it really worth a few % of boost.

---------
    EDIT:
    WHOOPS wrong forums ... i'll fix ...
    EDIT2: well i can't delete threads ... move it for me to general software or something , i'll delete these edits when moved
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
    Chevalr1c says thanks.
  2. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Moved to general software :)
  3. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    I will keep Win 7 anyway, even if win8 was "done properly".
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    My guess is that when Win8 is completed it will be a good as Win7. If it is not then people should be fired.
  5. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Not that I like the interface of Win8 from what I've seen, but to put "fudzilla" and "reaffirmed" in the same post is just wrong.
  6. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    That can indeed be modified to look just like win7 tho.;)
  7. Yo_Wattup New Member

Thanks Received:
    Exactly what I've been thinking the whole time.
  8. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Im talking about this ... "title":

Fudzilla just as a news link. nothing specific
  9. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    Did you really tried it that much ?

Well if some win7 features are cut or hard-code disabled i really will not bother until someone else makes a hack that does work. Or some big practical features that slow work down and make it unusable.
  10. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    You were about to abandon Windows anyway, and you hate it anyway so I don't really see your point.
  11. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, I don't recall you saying anything about Windows 8. To be honest, it makes no difference to me what you do. Use your computer in whatever way you see fit. :)
  12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    If the facts I have seen you bring about for RAGE are any indicator, Ill be buying Win8 the second it makes like George Michael and comes out.

[​IMG]
  13. a_ump

a_ump

Thanks Received:
    Windows 8 is going to suck, that's how i perceive it. and i really think Microsoft needs to take a page out of their console department and stick with something for a span of some years. I personally don't feel that windows 7 is that old. Shit my library sticks to the Win98/2000 interface still. I feel they're popping out operating systems and DirectX versions faster than they can compile the code. Might just be me, but if i were an OS developer i wouldn't release anything as more than an update until i had something revolutionary, not just a different face(vista>7 soon to be 7>8).
    Chevalr1c says thanks.
  14. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    for me it's the overall phone/tablet gui look that will not have me buying it. Lack of start button = meh for me. Linux gets along without it and I still seem to be able to find everything I need.

perhap it's wishful thinking but I see this as a way of shortening the steps it takes to do things. IF they wen more towards the server monitor from Server 2008 and away from the start button I'd love it.

it still doesn't change the fact that it looks like the fail windows phone operating systems.
  15. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Actually, I feel quite the opposite. I feel like Windows 8 will be a pretty nice addition to the many different smartphones/tablets that have non-user friendly operating systems. I'm also pretty sure that this OS was designed from the ground up focusing on smartphones/tablets. But seeing as Windows 8 is a higher number than 7, the sheep will flock and buy it -_-