1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Replacement Motherboard

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by slyfox2151, Feb 26, 2009.

1. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:
    Hi Hi

-.- i hate my DFI LP DK !!! its been nothing but troble since i got it, fails randomly, wont post sometimes get 01 error, needs multiple Bios resets (witch are a pain in the ass due to where the jumper is located... 1 is underneath my video card and the other is on the backplate and very hard to take in and out with big fingers... VERY HARD.)

so i want to get a different mobo.

what i need is,
    Solid Stability
    Good for overclocking E7300 to 4ghz ish (got upto 4.0 on the DFI @ 1.38v)
    Must have Optical Out (red light for sound :p)
    ICH9R or ICH10R south bridge. (unless you can point me to Equivilent or better)
    xfire,sli dosnt worry me.
    6ish sata ports

i think that covers it... i do not wish to buy a nother DFI mobo.

P.S any one wish to buy the DFI LP DK? :p
    P.P.S i live in Qld, Australia so pref a shop nearby brisbane city or online store with cheap postage. (you could also just list a name of a decent mobo and i will try to find a store to buy from)

my budget is 300ish maybe 400 tops (Cheaper the better tho)

http://www.umart.com.au/newindex2.phtml?bid=2
    http://www.computeralliance.com.au/

if either of those stores have a decent mobo for my needs that would be Tops.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. lucasweir

lucasweir

Thanks Received:
    ddr2 or ddr3?

3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like your board is bad. I have the same motherboard and it's rock solid. It could easily OC my Q6600 to 4ghz. Even does so with a little less voltage than my Rampage Formula. I don't think anyone wants to buy a board that needs a RMA.

4. Fleck New Member

Thanks Received:
    This is a silly post. You know what you need. So get it. The consensus is Asus makes the best board. Go for an Asus. That still won't guarantee that you won't get a dead or faulty board. I personally have never had this problem, knock on wood. The only time I had a problem with a board was when a customer bought a PC Chips board when I told them several times that I would prefer to work with a higher quality product. Well guess what, the PC Chips board crashed with everything I threw at it.

5. Fitseries3

Fitseries3 Eleet Hardware Junkie

Thanks Received:
    asus is not as good as DFI.

i say RMA the DFI and go from there.

6. Fleck New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice opinion.

7. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I've owned both and I currently own both. I have the same opinion as Fitseries. Yes, we are allowed to express our opinions here as they are sometimes based upon experience which can provide to be useful in making decisions.

Fitseries3 says thanks.
  8. Fleck New Member

Thanks Received:
    1. I'm a system builder too.
    2. Yes DFI's are great.
    3. Why push your opinion on a DFI board to a guy who doesn't like his DFI board?

Fanboys :rolleyes:

9. Fitseries3

Thanks Received:
    my opinion is simply based on my personal extreme ocing experience of over 60 asus mobo's and 10 dfi's over the past 2 years.

thats not hardly enough to derive an accurate opinion though is it?

10. Fitseries3

Thanks Received:
    fanboy?

no effing way.

im what you call a reviewer.

i've extensivly tested TONS of mobo's.

go gigabyte if you dont like dfi.

11. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Nice argument calling other people fanboys. I currently am using my Asus board while my DFi sits in a box. Am I still a fanboy? I believe I said why I thought my DFi was better but your arrogance chose to ignore that part. That's ok though, I'm not going to sit here and judge people over a forum on the internet. Fact of the matter is he has a board that works great for many other people and there is obviously a problem with his that can be resolved through a RMA process. So why should he waste his money and buy another motherboard?

freaksavior and Fitseries3 say thanks.
  12. Fleck New Member

Thanks Received:
    *empty insult* I wait for what slyfox has to say.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  13. Fitseries3

Thanks Received:
    slyfox...

is it just the problems that have you wanting to change to another manufacturer?

14. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    well on the flip side every asus I have owned except for one out of say 5-6 blew up in my hands, I for one am a DFI user and wont turn back. it did take me about a year of hard work and searching to find out how to finesse a DFI to do what I wanted. then its off to the races.

I agree thet the mobo may be troubled, and an RMA is way cheaper than a replacement!

To be real honest on DFI forums it says specifically not to use Antec Neo PSU's as they dont supply the power needed to run a DFI properly. believe me I fried one before I read it on their forums!!!!!

15. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Please don't flame. :) I'm glad you build systems like the rest of us. ASUS has been stable, but for a performance board I would stick with DFI.

16. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:
    sorry for the delay -.- having to use dads pc atm.

it may need an rma, but i dont think i have the receipt so im not sure how that will turn out(have never rma'd anything)

the reson i wanted to change to a different manufacture is i have built several pc's with cheap to the maxismus from asus motherboards and never had a problem.

mostly i just hate the way i need to reset the bios. with the bad jumper locations.

as for the antec/dfi... i had never read or herd about that but that could also be the problem maybe.... might have a thermaltake tough power around somehwere i could try.

also to change the T1 or T2 command rate i need to update the bios, however then if i clear the bios sometimes it will revert to the old versions -.-.

also atm i am unable to save bios settings, just gets stuck at C-1.. have this problem b4 but went away by itself.

P.S its the P45 T2RS Plus

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  17. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:
    Update

i went into health status and noticed it said dram was 1.77v....

i raised it to 1.95 and now it will save the bios reboot and allow me back into the bios without clearing the cmos again.

it is now booting into windows with everything connected and overclocked to 3333.3mhz.

not sure what was wrong, as its the same volts i use'd b4 it crashed and would not reboot.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009