1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Replacing caps in a PSU? (Large Screenshots)

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by <<Onafets>>, Mar 25, 2012.

1. <<Onafets>>

<<Onafets>>

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, I've used this psu for a couple of years in side projects that i have and im now wanting to use it in my htpc/server box. I cracked it open to make sure it was in a fit condition and i noticed some bulging caps. I was wondering how easy they would be to replace for someone with little soldering experience. The main reason I want to replace rather than buy a whole new one is that the whole unit is really light weight (under 500g) and that has made transportation alot easier. Another thing would be trying to find out what voltage, impedance etc need to buy, how would I go about that? .Pics below:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  2. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    <<Onafets>> says thanks.
  3. <<Onafets>>

<<Onafets>>

Thanks Received:
    Thanks ill post over there later tonight, in the meantime though I had another question. The fan dosen't spin in that psu however its sitting next to my window and its cold outside, would that be a dead fan or its just not hot enough to spin yet? I can't test it on any high load hardware atm