1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Resident Evil: Revelations

Discussion in 'Games' started by natr0n, Jan 25, 2013.

1. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:

Resident Evil: Revelations Coming to PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U and PC <----[ :D
    05/23/2013

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Aleksander says thanks.
  2. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Geez, RE6 PC isn't even out yet and already a trailer for another RE title? When they start cranking them out like candy, I have to wonder about the quality of the work.

That said, it looks to be bringing back some of the solo play style, similar monsters, and pacing of past titles like RE4. At one point, I had a Tomb Raider flashback though.

In one scene the protagonist looked a lot like Lara Croft. LOL

3. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    This one looks promising, but RE6 can suck the big one :shadedshu

4. Muhad

Muhad

Thanks Received:
    Sure seems like there is some Bioshock in there! :wtf:

5. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    The only similarities to Bioshock is the water crashing through the door and the background music, but even then, Bioshock has moved on to a strange floating city world now.

If anything, there are more ideas Bioshock takes from RE than the other way around. The Bio name, the genetic experiments, a scientist seeking a place away from society to conduct his experiments. That is all how Biohazard got started, and it's been around LONG before the first Bioshock was ever thought of, let alone made.

I really don't get why Bioshock has been touted as being creative and original. What the first two didn't borrow from Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, it took from other random movies and video games here and there, and in some ways, in a very uninspired and unpolished fashion. The monsters for instance aren't very creative or daunting and quite repetitive, and the sound, esp weapon sound, has always been very arcade, unrealistic, and technically flawed, with dropouts here and there.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  6. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    this version was allready out long before it got ported to these other system

7. TheHunter

TheHunter

Thanks Received:
    @Muhad
    You mean SilentHill

Imo it looks promising :)

8. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    You misread my post or ignored the most pertinent part of it. I only care about the PC versions, and those are the release dates I'm talking about.

That said, since RE6 appears to be a short campaign that forces you to play 3 different characters, which many say has the feel of 3 mini campaigns, I guess it's fitting they produce alongside it something more substantial regarding a solo campaign, which this one looks to be.

9. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    played this long ago on the Nintendo 3DS, waiting for the PC release (hope it transitions well, 3DS used the MT Framework mobile engine) :)

10. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    Old thread warning?. Not for me!. :D

All ready to play this one!.

11. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    If anyone has this game, I'm kinda stuck and need help. I'm at the boss fight with the Malacoda (big sea creature). I can get through the mini gun part on the heli fine, but when I get the rocket launcher it locks on (arrow appears on top) but it won't fire and the monster destroys the heli.

Is there something you need to do to make it fire? I hold LMB to make it lock. I assumed it would just automatically fire when it's locked.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  12. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    The most pathetic and boring Resident Evil title I have played till yet!.

5/10.

13. TheHunter

TheHunter

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I tried steam demo and was really disappointed.

Everything looked bad, at least RE6 had detailed characters and certain floor reflections.

14. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    the games story was actually not that bad I would rate it better than RE6 but the gameplay, . . . . . . the gameplay was not there, when you turn its really awkward and too fast and running speed was no good and the game just feels unfinished and graphically it is a port from the 3DS but they could have done better as some areas do look very good but others look like they did not really try, and its too easy(especially the ending). The 3DS was the sweet spot for this game not consoles(maybe actually) and PC's.

but considering its a port from a handheld I would rate it a 5.5/10, but RE6 is not that far off from this in terms of how much you will enjoy the game at the end of the day, I would say RE4(with HD mods) and 5 are much better titles, go replay those instead or if you have not bought them yet buy them.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  15. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Can anyone help me with the Malacoda problem I described? Someone confirmed on the GS forum that all you do is hold the fire button (he was on PS3), then it's supposed to lockon and fire. I get the lockon confirmation after holding LMB, but it won't fire. This is a game breaking bug if I can't get past this.

16. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    Forget everything, the P90, famous for the extreme recoil, had ZERO recoil. GEEEEZ!.

17. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Finally got past that boss fight. There was a tiny prompt to hit [F] that I didn't see at the bottom of the screen. Now I'm at the ballroom blitz boss fight. LOL

18. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Which means if Tomb Raider fans want to actually see Lara Croft, they need to play Resident Evil, not the new Tomb Raider.

19. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Finished the game, well as much as I was disappointed with TR 2013, it's still a far better game than this.

I was hoping this would be a throwback to RE4, but it didn't even come close. Bunny hopping lizards, same old squiggly monsters RE 6 had, boring and repetitious level design, uninteresting puzzles, and weak non immersive background music. The micro levels with the two moronic guys was just ridiculous filler too.

Oh but they had infected wolves for some more TR 2013 style points, whoo hoo! Funny that after being SO annoyed by RE6, esp the escape from the BOW ending of Chris' campaign that I've yet to finish because of the absolutely horrible camera angles, I still liked RE6 better than this one. This one is just so friggin boring.

20. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    TEL ME ABOUT IT!. :laugh:

Lost many brain cells. MANY!.