1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Resource Hacker

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Steevo, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I found this program a couple years ago, and loved it then, and I still love it.

You can change the things your windows "helps" with or as simple as your start menu.

Free download and safe to use.

Attached Files:

10 Million points folded for TPU
  2. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Been there, done that, it is a great prog.

3. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    LOL, you can't do THAT to programs I wrote... guaranteed.

(Nothing I won't LET you change @ least... oh, you can change the "internal" version info. on my work BUT NOT THE EXTERNALLY FACING RESOURCES, like titlebars & such!)

Too TOO many "disassembler" types out there (debugger users) & I defend against that as well... lol, patented tricks!

(Listed them on SLASHDOT a few years back, in the developer section, & got WAY modded up for it in fact... still, that's 1 set of tricks I should NEVER have given out imo! BUT, only common-sense imo! There IS a way around it, but it is WORK... fairly big work too!)

Another neat thing about my wares, you might like? When you run them, if they change even 1 byte? They shut down... & warn you of POSSIBLE viral infection in fact.

(BUILT IN NATIVE ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION!)

APK

P.S.=> I sent MikeLopez, Solaris17 (who put one of them onto his CD distro of wares replacing the regcleaner he was using) & others here before as a 'gift' for their help & such!

Everyone liked the program, so far @ least, who has tried it from these forums here, & elsewhere as well!

"APK Registry Cleaning Engine 2002++ SR-7" (current build)

It literally has DUSTED EVERY REGCLEANER OUT THERE, BAR-NONE, in valid tests & several of them from users on several site vs. the competition, the "big boys" like JV Regcleaner, Microsoft RegClean, Symantec/Norton offerings, AShampoo, & others!

GUARANTEED 100% safe & easy to use also.

(ABOVE ALL, if interested? Ask those guys, DON'T take my word for it by any means, OR, just read this testimonial).

Here is a testimonial about it. from a user who you are welcome to write about it to, questioning this below:
    ================================================

From: "Phil Atherton" <tecknowledgy@btinternet.com> Reply-To: <Phil.Atherton@bigfoot.com> To: "'Alexander Kowalski'" <apk4776239@hotmail.com>

I've built 2 machines, WinXP Pro SP1 on an Athlon 2800+ system & MediaCentre 2005 on a 3.0GHz P4 system. I had installed Regcleaner 4.3 by Juoni Vuorio on both machines. Regcleaner didn't work on my MediaCentre PC (it is an OEM machine which I have rebuilt a number of times & tried regcleaner each time but I suspect there's some OEM gubbins in the Windows set-up that's causing some instability)

BUT your cleaner worked on both.

I'm not surprised w/ the APK simple install arrangement.

I regularly clean my machines using simple tools, Regcleaner, Norton System Works, X-Setup Pro, Windows Defrag, etc. After running these I immediately tried the APK cleaner to see whether it picked up any additional registry errors, & it found 39!

It regularly finds approx 20 more that Regcleaner & takes approx 18 minutes to do the job to Regcleaner's 5 mins.

This is what I would expect as I have a large number of apps installed (approx 36 including Office XP Pro, AutoCAD 2004, etc) & is not surprising if the cleaner is to do its job properly.

I do believe I can tell the difference in the operating speed of the machine afterwards. (Slight)

I am impressed.

Phil Atherton Senior Consultant - Communication Systems
    ===============================================

Anyhow - Would you like to try it on it? LOL, just for a test...??

Email me here:

apk4776239@hotmail.com

762kb zipfile attachment, & easy install direction (4 files to copy to %Windir% & %SystemRoot% & create shortcut & run it)... apk

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  4. gR3iF

gR3iF New Member

Thanks Received:
    alec?
    are you always writing too much?
    i mean i love your posts most time they are very informative but you post so much that its getting hard to read all?

even though for a non native?

5. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Always...

See my avatar?

V = "verbose", lol!

(Well, except for this reply to you, honoring a brief/terse reply on request!)

Well, we all have our faults... I suppose this, is one of mine.

:)

* I try, but realize, I cannot please everyone my man...

APK

6. gR3iF

gR3iF New Member

Thanks Received:
    two things would be helpfull make a line in your posts when stuff comes that is like your signature and maybe think sometimes of a short answer like yes or no^^

i really would apprechiate this :D

7. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    I will try...

It is just that sometimes, to supply complete information with detail &/or examples? I am "FORCED" (in a way) to put a LOT down, that's all.

(Sometimes? There is NO 'short/sweet' answer... & the fact I rattle off 80wpm, makes it fairly simple to go overboard for me @ times!)

APK

8. gR3iF

gR3iF New Member

Thanks Received:
    when there is no short answer take the long one^^ np at all
    thx for taking this into consideration^^