1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[review]13 VGA coolers Roundup

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by kindai, Sep 9, 2008.

1. kindai

kindai New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

In nowadays, NVIDIA and ATI seem facing the same problem as what CPU industry faced 4 years ago: Too many transistors in a single core, huge power consumption and high temperature. For example, a Intel Wolfdale CPU has 0.41 billion transistors and features 65W TDP, while a NVIDIA GTX200 has 1.5 billion transistors and features 170W TDP. Even the smaller one, a AMD RV770 also has 0.956 billion transistors and features 160W TDP. In terms of number, GPU can easily beat CPU.

Accordingly, No one can tell who is faster, but GPU is surely much hotter than CPU. Unfortunately, most high-end graphics cards just come with weak coolers. They fail to surpress great heat of the core. The following table indicates how hot a GPU can be.

:rockout:The review: http://en.expreview.com/2008/09/09/review13-vga-coolers-roundup/
    Jmatt110 and DrPepper say thanks.
  2. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    how did ya balance all those coolers in the pic :eek: I'l need to read it when I get home since the schools firewall has blocked the website.
  3. Jmatt110

Jmatt110 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think it may have been Photoshopped lol. In any case, best cooler is the new Thermalright T-Rad2, followed by the AC Accelero S1 rev2 (with Turbo modules, with real fans it would probably beat the T-Rad2).
  4. deathvirus_me

deathvirus_me

Thanks Received:
    But thats just for HD4850 :p .. 8800GT rockz with the Thermalright HR03-GT , and in actual testing it does beat the Accelero S1 :) ... i can only say for the 8800GT though ... plus it takes less space too :) ..
  5. Jmatt110

Jmatt110 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is that with the Turbo Module or real fans cable-tied on?