• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Review Consensus: AMD FX Processor 8150 Underwhelming

I bloody hope not, it better be Bulldozer fixes, make it run the way it was meant to run, then only then squeeze out ANOTHER 10% gto 15% and call that Piledriver. If not then I am afraid of Intel once again :nutkick: AMD :rolleyes:

No need to be afraid.

Intel is usually the performance king. those people that cry "AMD better produce or are dead in 2 years" have been saying the same thing for 30 years. Ignore the morons.

With the reintroduction of RISC based processing and the improvements in GPGPU usage, it will be interesting to see how computers evolve over the next decade TBH.

Will we be running 80 core processors in 10 years? I think so, of course they will be risc based ARM driven units that require a .5W of power at load per core. And another 50-80W for interface. No to little cache as RAM will again be circumstantially pushed to new levels and looser timings. DDR6 running at 8,000 mhz effective (1,000 mhz actual) at 10-10-10 and latencies still in the 40-50ns range in octachannel unit running on a 256bit bus.. (cuz it will be intel powering it and we know they love bus limiting their stuff)

*sigh