1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

reviving watercooler

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by yogurt_21, Jul 8, 2010.

1. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    so now that I've got my new to me gpu my cpu is again the bottleneck (as always) and I want to see what I can do about that, don't want to hassle with the phase unit right now so I thought I'd revive my watercooler.

<---------as you can see form my system specs I stole the pumps for my aquariums so I'm looking for a cheap reliable DC powered pump (so i won't be tempted to steal it, ac pumps will end up in an aquarium I know it lol.)

I've got everything else I need other than a new mounting bracket for my tdx waterblock.

so it's really down to the pump, it's very unlikely that I'll be adding the gpu to the loop so it doesn't have to be super powerful, but it would be nice if it could handle a multi-gpu/cpu/chipset loop for the future.
  2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    D5 vario or swifty 655 will handle anything you can throw at it. There are more appealing choices in the 355 linup with tops and res combos though.
    yogurt_21 says thanks.
  3. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    thanks I'll take a look