1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RIAA Does Not See Need for ISP Filtering

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Feb 1, 2008.

1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    It's not news that Comcast secretly monitors all web traffic for possible illegal activity and shuts down anything that sets off their alarms. However, there has lately been a move to push this ISP filtering one step further, and making it mandatory for all ISPs. Thankfully, the RIAA, known throughout America for taking ridiculous measures to prevent piracy, really does not see the need for the proposed solution. All the RIAA asks instead is that ISPs, instead of monitoring and filtering everything that comes their way, merely respond to the RIAA's demands to shut down certain servers and users, when necessary.

Source: Neowin.net

2. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh, of course not -- now that it's been proved that Sandvine's technology works, of course the RIAA will come out and say, "We don't need filtering." They've already got Comcast "permanently delaying" things, right?

3. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Reverse phycology. False sence of security for pirates. Of course they'll implement it into other ISP's.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. acousticlemur

acousticlemur New Member

Thanks Received:
    MUCH FACT

5. Shyska New Member

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't seem so. It looks like they are blackmailing ISP's - either implement filtering (which is quite an expense) or shutdown whatever RIAA asks for... guess what is more likely to be accepted? :shadedshu

6. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Well at least they are being somewhat generous. Id be so busted if they forced bellsouth to do that.

7. bubba_000

bubba_000 New Member

Thanks Received:
    these riaa guys are incredible. long live torrents

8. ChillyMyst

ChillyMyst New Member

Thanks Received:
    funny, im on comcast and since i got back on i dont seem to be getting hit by so much filtering/caping, downloading alot of stuff off a buddys tracker(he put stuff up that i backed up to him b4 i moved and had to wait to get net) i dont even have encryption enabled......use to have to encrypt to get past the almost instant shaping they did.....

the riaa/mpaa need to have somebody shove an IED up their asses...........