1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RIP the Wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by HookeyStreet, Sep 19, 2010.

1. DaveK

DaveK

Thanks Received:
    Wile E and CDdude55 say thanks.
  2. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    I'm not much of a wii fan, good start for an idea but really terrible execution, and it seems nobody plays these games for more than a week and then only once a month. So I really don't understand why anyone at all would be excited about move, it's wii hd without any games. At least kinect is technologically interesting and has a lot of creative potential.
  3. zehpavora New Member

Thanks Received:
    I didn't mean "Dust-Collector" as a bad thing. I agree with you in most parts. I still own a working (though the looks are a little damaged) N64, NGC, and the Wii. My dad (yes, my dad, who's 52 years old) owns the PS2 and 3.

I think that the XBox and the PS3 are trying to compete with the PC, since thier strategy is to go to hardware & looks. That's not good at all, since the consoles stay in the market for 5+ years, while new PC hardware comes out every month or so, it's just impossible to keep up.

Nintendo, however, goes for the "Fun-Factor". The games are not the best looking games ever, but they are fun to play and are very elaborated. I'm not saying that the XBox and PSs don't have/had games that were fun. I'm saying that they are oriented at visuals more than gameplay.

What really saddens me though, is the fact that the PC is the one that innovates in hardware but gets all those horrible-made ports...
  4. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm so what do you think about HD-dvd for xbox ?

or how about sega 32x ?
  5. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Heavy Rain was made for Move. Its patch for Move support should be ready soon too.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i recognize that it has happened in the past - and will happen in the future. I just don't see that as the case this time, I spoke wrong.... been doing that lately ;(
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    So now you have a wannabe PC turned in to a wannabe Wii. Sony/Xbox fail sandwich.
  8. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah, lucky for me i never buy X-box and the HD-dvd, i almost take the bite, but i go for PS3 eventually, but ms really piss out a lot of people because ms promised they will release games for HD-dvd

i hope this time ms can keep their promise for kinec
  9. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Microsoft promised to released games on HD DVD?:confused:, well HD DVD failed out to Blu-ray, so i don't think they will holding that promise anymore.
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Why do you fight the Wii's blatant superiority in the console world? Even the demigods Sony and Microsoft have officially caved. Its over. Wii won.
  11. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    over the years i've got all 3 ... I rarely use the wii , the ps 3 and xbox are about equal off and on. depends on the game I want to play.

but numbers don't lie, and mailman is right.
  12. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Same hear, i haven't touched my Wii in ages.(no pun intended lol)

Then again i haven't touched any of my consoles in a while.
  13. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    The Move is simply FANTASTIC! I've never played a single game with my family till now. We all love it and we all enjoy it and thing just works!

Super accurate! Like when playing Pong you can actually move up to the net and spike it hard or move back and save a ball! ITA JUST AMAZING!

I was going to get Ruse on the PC but SCREW THAT! I'm playing it using MOVE! HAHA! You've never seen motion control like this at home trust me Wii ain't got crap on this, just wait for a killer library and A PS3 Fit to come out and this this will be platinum for sure. Man my PS3 was dormant but now with the JailBreak and move I haven't touched my PC to play games, thats just not like me at all. Can't wait for steam to come out on PS3 man Sony is doing wonders.

Oh and I agree. RIP WII
  14. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Why you think so, I am playin it every day since i bought my PS move.I got tiger woods pga 11 and it plays awsome with move.and RE5 same way and there will be loads of other games in future not only casual games like mostly sport games but action games aswell.SO its only a matter of time when move will kick gamepad in a**
  15. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    I feel the same way but I won't go as far as to say it will replace it.
  16. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Motion controllers will never be for real gaming. And 90% of everyone I know tires of Wii, not because of the graphics, but because motion control games are nothing more than gimmicks, and stop being fun after a while. Not to mention, most everyone I know feel it kinda defeats the purpose of video gaming to be swinging crap around like an idiot.

My Wii is essentially just an emulator now. I'll never even consider buying Move, ever.
  17. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Motion controller is not for hardcore gamers. I will get the PS Move just because I don't want to buy the Wii, and because I want to swing crap around like an idiot! :D
  18. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    In shooting games I would consider move as a mouse that lucks in ps3 so its faster to aim and more accurate than with gamepad I think
  19. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    No, MS said from the very beginning that they would not release games on HD-DVD.

And I did buy an HD-DVD add on. But I did it mostly for the PC, as it was the cheapest HD-DVD rom at the time.

Shooting games belong on PC anyway.
  20. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    My feelings on this are Move/Kinect are stupid gimmicks that will never go anywhere..
    Wii is Garbage and has been from day 1 Funny how the Wii outsells for consoles but where are they on Game sales?..

I believe MS is selling something 2x more games than Wii with fewer consoles being sold..
    That really speaks Volumes imo.

Wii is cheaper for a reason..
    and it's comtrollers are Garbage imo
  21. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wii users and ""Move"" users aren't gamers. Real gamers, game on PC :rockout:
    wahdangun and <<Onafets>> say thanks.
  22. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Spoken like a true Wii fanboi ;) How many people own Wii's, yet they sit there gathering dust? let me tell you, a lot :D

Anyone that likes to play video games, is a 'gamer' ;) No matter what platform you play them on. The fact that consoles have a bigger games catalogue than the PC is what draws me to them. Yeah, I enjoy FPS titles on the PC, but thats where it starts and ends really. I like having the option to play anything ie Halo Reach, Dead Rising 2, God of War III, Heavy Rain.....not just FPS or RTS titles :(
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  23. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Nope. There are wannabe gamers, and real gamers. Real gamers use a PC and only use consoles for sports and exclusives.
    wahdangun, jmcslob and AsRock say thanks.
  24. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    LOL, thats ridiculous. Surely, to be an hardcore gamer, it depends on the amount of time you spend playing games and the number of titles you play or have played.

I would still class someone that plays a NES all day as a gamer. Its not about what platform you use, its about dedication.

So, because I dont PC game anymore, Im not a gamer? Ive had pretty much every console since the Atari and have also owned good gaming rigs. I would hate to think how many games Ive played in my lifetime. Ive seen both worlds, console gaming and PC gaming, but just because I now prefer to use a console for gaming, it doesnt mean Im no longer a gamer!

What your saying just feeds the statement about PC gamers being arrogant and elitest.

Saying "your only a gamer if you use a PC!", is like saying "your not a driver if you dont have a Ferrari!", its called bullshit!
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  25. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I only use my consoles for friends fam and exclusives. :) But not sure I'd go so far as to call non PC gamers wannabes. :laugh:

Anyway camera motion sensors will always be superior and all, but it really depends on the games. Killzone 3 so far is looking good, and with the move capability its looking pretty tall with eliminating the gamepad disadvantage with aiming.