1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Rivatuner and Tri-fire

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by iamajunky, Aug 14, 2008.

1. iamajunky

iamajunky

Thanks Received:
    Okay this is getting really annoying but is there a quick fix for rivatuner recognizing trifire because I can either get my 3870 there or my 3870x2 on there but not both I can only use overdrive if I have my 3870 first this is starting to get annoying because my 3870x2 gets up to 70c and the fan speed is like a 20%. I want to be able to tune the fan to like 60 and be able to use overdrive at the same time because now it's locking up cod4 and stuff and I don't want to have to do two 3870s instead of getting the full potential of my hardware.

2. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I searched "tri fire rivatuner" and "tri fire 3870x2 and 3870 rivatuner" and got some results that I don't know if they have your answer, but give it shot, read through and maybe you can find your solution there. Keep us updated on your issue.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=I8&q=tri+fire+3870x2+and+3870&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=RoV&q=tri+fire+rivatuner&btnG=Search

3. jimmyz New Member

Thanks Received:
    use RBE 1.13 it has a profile editor. make a profile in CCC and name it fan test. then open RBE and click on the profile editor. from there you can set up your fan and save that profile. then use the profile to increase your fan speed.

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Edit the XML file for your CCC profile. It should list gpu 0, 1, and 2 in the xml file. Change the values from "Automatic" to "Manual" and set the fan speeds for each.

5. iamajunky

iamajunky

Thanks Received:
    figured out how to get my fan fix now, I think my problem is that I need to buy a 6 to 8 pin adapter I don't think that my video card is getting enough power maybe