1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RMA & Out of Stock At NewEgg

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by OrbitzXT, Dec 1, 2007.

1. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    My 3850 is messed up as some of you may know from my other post :p Anyway, I decided its just simpler to RMA it...but I realized NewEgg is out of stock of the VisionTek 3850's. How does this effect my need to RMA the card? I actually wanted a refund but I realized this card is apparently non-refundable...so I'm stuck with it. I guess if the next one works fine I'll be happy. Anyway, what will happen when I ship this back to them?

2. Nicksterr New Member

Thanks Received:
    They'll ship you another one.

OrbitzXT says thanks.
  3. robodude666 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Correct.

They will check it to see if it meets the RMA requirements, then they will send you a new card. If its out of stock, they'll put you on the priority list and you'll get one still. If it is out of stock for a while, you can try to contact NewEgg and see if they can send you a different HD 3850 of the same value.

OrbitzXT says thanks.
  4. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alright, thanks for the info!

5. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I had a deal earlier this year but with Buffalo Firstix DDR2 800 memory that had failed, I RMA'd it, waited a week and a half for an e-mail stating that they were out-of-stock on the product I had returned, and were unable to replace them. They refunded my money to my credit account, which took approx 3 days. Then I ended up purchasing the G.Skill's I'm using currently. If all else fails, you will at least get a refund. Thier rules are to replace your return with the same product or refund your money. They won't just send you a different brand of the product that is the same price...I tried with the memory...as the G.Skill was the same price at the time (too expensive to list for DDR2 now....), I had to accept refund and then purchase the G.Skill memory. Just some food for thought.

:toast: