1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RMA returned an HD 5670 for my 9800GT....

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by DemocritusJr, Oct 13, 2010.

1. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    im gettin dejavu from a company that went bankrupt that did that.

2. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    that's really only the supplies

3. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    I think I'd go the "honey" route before the "lemon". Call them up, let them know that you understand that they no longer do business with Nvidia, but you're a bit disappointed in that they didn't ask you before they traded you down. I agree with the post re:SLI. Tell them that now, you're stuck with a lower performing system, and a second Vid card from them that is useless. See if you can get them to bump you up. Can't hurt to try.

5 Million points folded for TPU
  4. $immond$ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I haven't had that issue, but I use Ubuntu and Mint mostly what distros have you had issues with?

5. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    i would add that you should ask about an "upgrade" credit but only after your sure they dont want to give anymore.

maybe you can get the value of your card as credit if you buy a new card from them so for a small amount you might get the card you would go buy today for a few dollars more, lets face it, your gonna be stuck with their answer either way so maybe you can get a proper credit even if you cant get a proper RMA card from them