1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RMA to newegg question

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by bruins004, Mar 28, 2007.

1. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had an Abit KN8 SLI mobo that decided to die on me in 9 months (good thing newegg's RMA policy was for a year).
    So I am sending it back to newegg today.
    However, I was looking around on their website and they dont sell this mobo anymore.
    So they obv. cant send me a replacement.
    So what are they going to do? Will they give me the current day value of the mobo (which is $100).
    That would be kewl if they did since I dont need another 939 mobo (made to move to AM2 :toast: )
  2. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    # I received an email indicating that the item I RMA'd is no longer available or is backordered. What happens now?

If an RMA item is found to be on backorder and we cannot obtain the item, you will be notified by email and offered a similar replacement or a refund. We try to contact every customer in this case to find an agreeable replacement item or refund amount.

found on rma faq at newegg
  3. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
    I would go ahead and submit the RMA, so you have a number. Then the best thing to do would be to call customer service @ Toll Free: (800) 390-1119. Give them your RMA number and ask about your options! Then report back! :toast:
  4. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds good.
    I already got my RMA number and it was approved.
    I am sending it out today with UPS.
    It should take 2-3 days to get there.

It would be pretty sweet to get a refund or credit
    I will report back
  5. keakar

keakar

Thanks Received:
    just because they dont have it anymore doesnt mean anything. they will have abit send them one to replace yours or maybe have them send it to you directly. newegg is first class and will take care of you, but in a worst case deal you only get back what you paid minus a small deduction for usage or restocking fee.